Thursday, October 23, 2008

The zoo & videos! A must see:)

Seth has school every Tuesday & Thursday in downtown Portland. Sometimes he drives himself, other times I drive him so I can have the car. Today, we decided I would drive him & take Kimmie to the zoo since it is only a few minutes from his school. It has been really nice outside so we figured we better go before it starts raining all the time. So, we dropped Seth off & headed to the zoo! Since it was early in the morning, it was kind of chilly. I am so glad I brought Kimmie's blanket. At first she was nervous around the animals. When I took her out of her stroller she clung to my pants & didn't want to get too close to the fence. All that changed when we got to the Sea Lions! She was still careful not to get too close to the glass, so instead she stood in front of me and just watched....and watched....and watched until I eventually pulled her away (at which point she started to scream) Luckily kids forget fast and by the time we reached the next exhibit she forgot why she was crying. We walked around & saw all the fun animals. We also went in to see the birds. They fly all around you & sometimes land on you. Kimmie loves birds, CAW was one of the first animal sounds she made. She really enjoyed being in with the birds & would have stayed there all day but I was afraid of being pooped on so we only stayed a few minutes:) Here are some more pictures from our day at the zoo (and one of Kimmie trying to drink my water).......




































I have mentioned before the animal sounds Kimmie says & things Seth has taught her. It is very hard to get it on video because she always stops when she sees the camera. But, today we were able to capture some on film! She says 8 different animal sounds right now (dog, cat, cow, bear, bird, sheep, owl & thumper she wiggles her nose). We are working on monkey now, it is so funny when she tries to do it! We have a lot of videos, but it takes too long to upload so I narrowed them down to two. Enjoy!


kitty cat, dog, cow & bear



What does Mommy say & stinky Cyndy

6 comments:

Flee said...

Holy Crud! those were the cutest and funniest videos ever! she is so funny! I love her face when she makes animal sounds and I love the Cyndy is stinky, so so funny. :)

Scott, Tina, Spencer and Morgan said...

she is so freakin' cute. i can't wait for you guys to come visit! spencer needs his cousin kimmie

JENNY said...

I'm so glad you posted those videos! She's impressive! Looks like the zoo was fun!

Unknown said...

great pics and videos. She is so cute. If you want you can check out our blog at www.larsenscrazylife@blogspot.com
We will see you all soon. Take care! Jon and Cindy

Jessica said...

So cute! She is a smart little whipper snapper. I wish Korbin would do a little more "talking." I just blame it on the fact that he's a boy. He's making progress though. Kimmie is such a little doll. I love her little scrunchie nose in the first video.

LAURA and ELIZA said...

That's so cute!!! She is so smart! Can't wait to finally meet her!!!