Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Mickey Mouse Candy Dish

This is the latest candy dish I made & the hardest so far. I had to completely come up with the design on my own & I am so happy with how it turned out!! The hardest parts were the feet & ears. But, with a little help from Seth & a table saw we figured it out:) It was a gift for Kathy (Seth's mom). Her birthday was over the weekend, but I just finished it yesterday. Now I am trying to think up some more fun ideas! Any requests???
I know I always post pictures of Kimmie, but it is my blog & I reserve the right too:) The other day Seth went in to check on Kimmie & this is how he found her. It was so cute we had to risk taking a picture (it was completely dark in her room, so we were worried the flash would wake her, but she didn't flinch). I have mentioned before how much Kimmie LOVES Baby Einstein. She will walk into the playroom, turn the TV on and walk to the couch. We have to limit how much she watches because it puts her in a trance! She will not move while watching it! Sometimes Seth wraps her up like a little burrito in a blanket & she doesn't move an inch. It is so cute but worries me a little, she is already hooked on movies! Luckily, she also LOVES books. She walks into her bedroom or Oma's library & will grab as many books as her little hands will hold. Then she walks over & hands them to you to read to her. It is so funny. She always has a book in her hands, even when she is watching Baby Einstein!

5 comments:

Scott, Tina, Spencer and Morgan said...

i love that girl. what chance does kimmie have with being addicted to movies, how many movies did you go to when you were pregnant and even now. she has no chance

Dawn said...

Chrissy:

The Mickey Mouse jar you made is just too cute! I LOVE it!!

Of course, Kimmie is too cute too!

Jules said...

I love the new candy dish! It came out really well! I like his little feet! I can't wait to make some of these!

Jessica said...

So cute. You would put that lady that made those at the QB to shame. She would be jealous of your mad skills. Hey, you should sell them. (And give me some of the profits for giving you such a swell idea. Yup, I am awesome.)

Flee said...

I just love her! and nice work on the micky mouse candy dish. Awesome!