Monday, October 6, 2008

Fireproof, P90X & tagged again!

So I don't normally blog about movies I see (and we do see a lot of movies) but today I went with Cyndy & Kathy to see Fireproof & I LOVED it! I didn't even know this movie had been made, but I started hearing nothing but great things about it. It is is a great story of how the power of God transforms a husband and wife. I was a little skeptical going into the movie, Kirk Cameron is not one of my favorite actors, ever since he turned all high and mighty religious & a little weird. But, this film completely changed what I think about him. He is very devoted to his faith and even did this movie for FREE! Instead of receiving a check for his work, he asked the production company to make a donation to a charity. There is also a scene where his character kisses his wife & for this he refused to kiss the actress & insisted his wife stepped in for that scene (they did a far away shot of their silhouette so you can't even tell it is not the main actress.) There is a lot of emotion in this film but it was nice to see a movie with such a nice message! I suggest everyone go see it, but be warned some of the acting is a little low budget, but overall it is a great movie! It was done very tastefully & really makes you realize what an important role Heavenly Father plays in our lives, especially marriage! The emotion of this movie is very strong, so it is not one I would watch all the time, but I will definitely buy it!! If you haven't heard of it, go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rtk8MSG9GOo
Ok, enough about that. Tonight Seth, Scott & I started P90X. I have been wanting to get the workout DVD's for a long time, but they are super expensive! A few weeks ago I decided to check if our library had copies & oddly enough they did! It took me a few weeks to get all 12 DVD's but we finally did. We did the first video tonight & we are hoping to reach our individual goal weight by New Years. I won't blog about it too often, but so far I like it.
I have also been tagged again by my fabulous friend Heather......
5 Things

5 Things I've Done in the Past 10 Years:
1-Baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
2- Married the most amazing man EVER
3-Gave birth to the most beautiful baby girl!
4-took surfing lessons in Florida
5-graduate from UVU

5 Things I Wish I Could Do Today:
1-Get out of debt
2-Buy a house
3-Go on vacation
4-See my family
5-Lose 10 more pounds

5 Foods I Wouldn't Want to Live Without:
1-Pizza
2-Taco bell
3-Pizza (I know I already said that but I LOVE pizza)
4-rolls
5-mashed potatoes and gravy, with rolls of course!

5 Things I Would Do if I Were a Millionaire:
1-Buy a house
2-pay off my student loans
3-give money to my family (both sides)
4-buy a new car
5-save money!!!

5 Places I Have Lived:
1-Southgate, MI
2-Ypsilanti, MI
3-Orem, UT
4-Beaverton, OR
5-now Tigard, OR

5 Jobs I Have Had:
1-Target (only a few months)
2-Outback Steakhouse (6 years)
3-Central Utah Medical Clinic (8 months)
4-stay at home mom! forever:)
5-that's it, I haven't had many jobs

5 People I Tag:
anyone who wants to do this:)

Oh yeah, one more thing. Kimmie is walking around so much now. She is so good at it! Yesterday I got the video camera out to record her walking & she started hamming it up for the camera, like usual. Well, this time she started closing her eyes while walking, it was so funny! She would close them & laugh while she walked. She is the cutest ever! The only bad thing is with all this new found freedom comes more bumps and bruises. Sometimes I get so nervous! She is a good walker, but still stumbles and falls sometimes. It is so sad when she gets hurt! That is one downside of motherhood, you can't protect them from everything! She is talking so much. If you ask her "what does a dog say?" she responds, WOOF. Then, "what does a kitty cat say?", EOWW. "What does thumper say?" then she wiggles her nose. "What does a bird say?" CAW, CAW "What does a duck say?" QUAK, QUAK. The funniest is Seth just taught her "What does Mommy say?" And she shakes her finger at you saying, No, No, No. It is so funny. Now I just have to teach her what does daddy say....but I can't think of anything funny to have her say, so if you have any ideas, let me know! She says a lot of other words, but mostly animal sounds. She also loves Baby Einstein DVD's. She will walk down the hall, into the playroom, turn the tv on and sit in front of the couch waiting for you to turn on the dvd. We try to limit the amount of tv she watches, but that darn Baby Einstein has her hooked and wanting more! At least she is learning something from it. Well, I guess that's it for now. Until next time.........

1 comment:

Scott, Tina, Spencer and Morgan said...

we want a copy of p90x. the library here has it but there are 108 holds on it