Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Congrats Cyndy & other fun stuff!

Cyndy has been promoted to General Manager of the Wilsonville Regal Cinemas! Congratulations Cyndy! Cyndy has been working with Regal since 2003 & she definitely deserved this promotion. We went there to get a tour of the theater and Kimmie is practicing for her future job in concessions. We are so proud of you Cyndy & very excited to screen all the new movies with:) Especially Twilight!!!! We have had a fun week. Last weekend Cyndy went to Astoria, Oregon to do some canning. I have never been there so we decided to drive up and see the sights. We ended up leaving later than we planned so we didn't see too many sights but we had a lot of fun visiting Cyndy & our friend Kim. When you first drive into Astoria you notice this HUGE bridge. I am working on overcoming my fear of bridges so we decided to drive across it. It was not scary at all! The Astoria-Megler Bridge is a truss bridge that spans the mouth of the Columbia River between Astoria, Oregon and Point Ellice near Megler, Washington. It is the longest continuous truss bridge in North America at 4.1 miles across. It was hard to get a picture that showed exactly how long and scary looking the bridge was! I took this one as we were driving but hopefully you get the idea. You should google it to see more pictures.
Today we went blackberry picking. Kimberly LOVES blackberries! Every time we picked on she would stick her hand in the bucket and eat it. We decided to give her some and she started shoving four or five in her mouth at a time! If you have ever picked blackberries you know they are very thorny so it is a pain, but worth it! We took lots of fun pictures but there are too many to post. I think this one sums of picking blackberries!
Seth & me have been running every night & last night we ran 3.48 miles. I will post some pictures later to show my weight loss progress. I have lost almost 60 lbs since August 2007 & I am trying to lose at least 10 more pounds by Halloween! Wish me luck!!!

4 comments:

Flee said...

YAY! good luck to you! I'm going to try to go running while in canada. Kimmie is so cute! And Congrats to your sis-in-law. I didn't know you were afraid of bridges. I think that makes you a freak. :) just messing. my sis-in-law carrie is afraid to go over bridges too. Lizzy says "hi kimmie" and is sending kisses her way. She just loves her!

Jessica said...

Blackberries are my favorite and so I think that makes Kimmie my favorite; just look at how she's enjoying them. I gotta love a girl like that. I would be right along side of her eating and I might even look like that too. Cute, darling little girl. Congrats on the weight loss, that is fantastic. You inspire me. Tucker and I are going to the Orem Fitness Center starting today. They have a daycare that's only $2 an hour, I think that's pretty cheap. Anyway good luck with the remaining weight. And congrats to your aunt-in-law.

Jessica said...

I meant sis-in-law. Where did aunt come from?

Anonymous said...

Good for you Chrissy! Keep up the good work! I LOVE that picture of Kimmie! It's so cute. You guys always do the funniest stuff. I'm so jealous. Keep the fun times coming, I love reading them.