May 26th: San Diego to Cedar City, Utah.
The Colby's were nice enough to give us some guest passes to the San Diego Zoo, so we met them there and spent the morning hanging out with them at the zoo. This zoo is HUGE! It was so much fun, but we didn't have enough time to see all it had to offer. Guess we'll just have to go back again:)
While we were at the zoo, I got a voice-mail from my amazing friend Felicia (who lives in DC) saying they were at the airport heading to Utah for the long weekend. I was so excited to hear that we would both be in Utah at the same time!
After the zoo, we headed to Old Town San Diego. Aunty Devi & Uncle Nathan met us there and took us out for some authentic Mexican food.
While there we visited the Mormon Battalion site. They had lots of fun stuff for the kids and it was an interesting historical site. Next time I would love to take the guided tour, but we didn't have enough time this trip.
![]() |
| Aunty Devi & Kimmie walking around Old Town San Diego |
| We couldn't leave Cali without a picture in front of a palm tree! |
| Mormon Battalion site |
Once we said goodbye to our wonderful friends, it was back on the road. This time, we were leaving California and heading to Utah. Before we left Cali, we made one last stop at the Redlands Temple.
Now we had to say goodbye to California, and head to Utah. We left the Redlands Temple and began the long drive to visit my family.
At one point we stopped at a Wal Mart in Rancho Cucamonga to get some snacks. I was extremely disappointed when I opened my honey roasted peanuts only to discover someone had already opened them in the store and helped themselves. I was even more disappointed when I realized that someone in the store had also helped themselves to my chewy chocolate chip cookies. How ghetto is that?!?!
![]() |
| This is what I saw when I opened it up, no protective covering, & half eaten. Nasty!!! |
As we were passing through Vegas, around 9pm, David threw up. So, we had to pull over at the next exit to clean him up. So there we were, in the parking lot of a McDonald's stripping down a crying boy while trying to keep the other kids from getting sick from the smell. That just keeps up our tradition of one child throwing up while we are on vacation, it has happened every time. (Did I mention in my earlier post that Joshua puked all over me our first night in Anaheim??)
After David was all cleaned up, we got back on the road. This was the only part of our trip we had not planned out. We did not have a hotel reserved and it was Memorial Day weekend, so we were having a difficult time finding somewhere affordable and available. After a few hours on my phone and with Nicky's help, we found a hotel in Cedar City.
We pulled into our hotel around 1am. After waiting forever for someone to come to the front desk and check us in, we finally got the last room they had and headed to finally sleep for the night. Can I just tell you, this place was GHETTO!!!! But, I didn't care, I was tired and we needed somewhere to sleep, and it was cheap.




No comments:
Post a Comment