May 25th: San Diego
I have been so excited to go to San Diego. Our first stop was to visit our friends, Aunty Devi & Uncle Nathan at their bakery in Escondido. We were greeted with smiles, hugs and yummy food! It was so nice! Seth went out to visit/help them last year and I have been begging him to take me ever since. So, this was a great day for me. We visited with them for a bit, and then headed to the San Diego Temple.
After the temple we went across the street and had lunch. Seth got a lobster burrito, it was so good! Then we drove to the La Jolla Coves. Joshua was asleep, so I stayed in the car while Seth took the kids down.
After the Coves we drove to the beach. The kids were SOOOOO excited to play at the beach! Kimmie and David just ran into the water and then back out again, over and over, laughing and screaming. At one point Kimmie got knocked over by a wave and just laughed. Joshua LOVED the water, that kid would have played all day if we let him. I wish we would have had more time to spend at the beach, but we had plans for dinner so we only stayed an hour. The kids cried when we left, I am talking major melt down in the parking lot, but it was still lots of fun.
Our next stop was to pick up dinner. Our friend told us this amazing pizza place (did I mention it was the best pizza, it was super cheap, and the funny thing is it is run by a Chinese family!) So we picked up dinner and headed to visit one of Seth's mission companions (the only one he really ever talks about!) I have heard so many wonderful stories about Michael Colby, I was so excited to meet him and his family. Funny thing is, he and Seth hadn't talked for years, and last year when Seth came out to help Aunty Devi with her business, he went to church with them and while he was sitting in sacrament that Sunday, in walked Michael Colby. What are the chances they would be in the same ward?!?! It was a nice reunion and I was excited to finally meet him and hear some stories about Seth as a missionary. And boy did I hear stories. Michael is the BEST STORY TELLER EVER!!! I could not stop laughing, that man is hilarious. Now I understand why he and Seth got along so well. His wife, Becky, was so sweet. And, they even have 3 kids all the same ages as ours. So, this kids played while the adults laughed. It was a great night.
| Serious faces |
| Silly faces |
After laughing all night, we headed back to Aunty Devi and Uncle Nathan's. They were kind enough to let us stay with them that night.


No comments:
Post a Comment