Friday, December 28, 2007

Back in Oregon

Well, we flew home today. It has been a very, very long day but we are finally home. Our flight left Michigan at 6:40am, which meant we had to leave my parents house at 4-which is 1am Oregon time! When we arrived at the airport it was super busy. After waiting in two long, but fast, lines we boarded our plane and we were off to Chicago Midway. We had about an hour layover and as we were waiting it started to snow. Luckily, we made it out of Chicago just before the storm came in. After a 3 1/2 hour flight we were back on Oregon soil. It has been a long and emotional day. As much as my family drives me crazy I love them so much and miss them when I am away. It is hard knowing that we will all probably live in separate states but I guess that's what happens when you grow up and start your own family. So, to my family.....Mom and Tom, thank you for all that you do. Thank you for making room for us in your home. And mom, you are the best mom ever and I hope to follow your example and be a wonderful mom to my children. Nicky, thank you for helping so much with Kimmie, you are a wonderful aunt. And thank you for still loving me when we fight. Tina, thank you for making me laugh and for not killing Seth when he put that creepy killer elf on your bed! And last, but not least, Scott...thank you for getting Tina pregnant, it's about time Kimmie has a cousin:) Oh yeah, I can not forget Seth.....Seth, thank you for putting your life in danger so that Tom could show you around Detroit. I love you so much and you are the BEST!!!! I love my family so much and I really do treasure every moment we spend together, even if it's spent fighting;) I had a great time in Michigan and I am so excited for August when Tina and Scott's baby will be born and we can all be together again.
But, now it's back to life in Oregon and right now we are at Seth's parents house. Seth's family really missed Kimmie (and us) so we brought her over to visit. I have to take a moment to thank Seth's family too. It is really hard for me being so far away from my family but they make me feel so welcome and I really appreciate it. I now know I have two families and that is a wonderful feeling. So, thank you Davenports!!!
Well, I guess that's enough sentimental stuff for one day. Our trip was awesome, Christmas came and went too fast and now it's almost 2008, CRAZY!!! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. We love you all!

1 comment:

Noah and Amanda said...

We somewhat have things planned out...still I can't wait for things to settle down and we can start paying off student loans and stuff. Noah and I have a guy in our ward who is a physicians assistant and he does very well! I think it's a great way for Seth to go!! I am jealous you got to go home to Michigan:)