Tuesday, March 7, 2017

February 2017

February is always a busy month for us. We celebrate Valentines Day, the anniversary of mine & Seth's first "date" (my 24th birthday party) and the my birthday! This year it was busier than usual because I started the month by meeting my younger sister, Nicky, in California. She wanted to go to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter and so we planned a little short weekend getaway. This was the first time we have done something like this together and it was a lot of fun. Cyndy even flew in for 2 days to go to Universal Studios with us. It was a great weekend and a great way to start the month! Of course Seth is never one to just sit around at home, so he took the kids sledding at Mt. Hood.







 Kate took a sled to the lip















 California Trip
Nicky and I flew in late Friday night and went straight to the hotel. My flight was delayed, so we were even later than originally planned. 
Saturday we went sightseeing all around LA



 


 LA Temple


 Rodeo Drive

 UCLA Campus

 We drove along coast up to Malibu
 Santa Monica Pier




 Cyndy got in late Saturday, so I took Nicky back to the hotel & stopped at Cafe Rio on my way to the airport.


 Sunday was Universal Studios day...most importantly, Harry Potter!!!! It was chilly and rained a bit, but the lines were fast and it was fun. The warm butterbeer was my favorite...probably because it went great with the weather. 











 




On the walk back to the car we decided to stop and get a bucket of fresh donuts :)
 So much food...leftover Cafe Rio (which by the way isn't good leftover) and The Habit
 Even more food, dinner at Boston Market



 Monday we did a studio tour at Warner Bros. and then flew home that night. 









It was a quick trip, but so much fun. A big thank you to Nicky and Cyndy!!!

Seth has been the Cubmaster for about 6 months and this month was their Blue & Gold Banquet. He and Cassidy did a great job. I wish I got more pictures.



 Nicky bought these cups for the kids in Universal Studios
 I don't know what they are watching, but I love this picture
 I went of a field trip with the 4th graders to Oregon State University. We went on a campus tour and to their Wave Lab where they study tsunamis. It was really interesting and Kimmie loved it. She wants to be an engineer, so it was all super exciting for her. 




 In between all the fun we still find time for the kids to workout. They LOVE doing pull-ups and are always asking to do them. 


 First library card

 watching a video with Aunt Cyndy. There is a lot of love in this picture!!!



 For Valentines Day the kids made name tags for our seats at the table. They even made us a romantic dinner, chips and cheese and beans. I loved it because I didn't have to cook and they were so excited to do it!





 Rainy day walk to visit Sunshine, the neighborhood pony
 Kimmie and David decided that whoever is done with piano lessons first has to run "laps" in front of Peggy's house until the other person is done. This time was David's turn.


 Seth bought some raclette cheese and made me a delicious dinner like he had in London.
 movie night to watch The Mighty Ducks
 Kate's first professional haircut from Katie

 Sunday night family birthday dinner with delicious cake!

 My birthday was on President's Day this year, so the kids didn't have school and Seth stayed home from work and we went up to Mt. Hood to sled. I've been wanting to go, since Seth always takes them without me. This was my first time sledding with the kids in a very, very long time and it was a blast!













 After my birthday things slowed down a bit and we are back into our normal routine. 
Kimmie stole my Harry Potter shirt Aunt Nicky got me.
 I went to a paint night with some friends, it was so much fun. I can't wait to do it again.
 David doing an experiment at the schools lit night. You were given supplies and had to build a house for your animal and then stack as many blocks on it to see how it held up. David beat us all, he did great!
 Our friend started teaching dance lessons once a week at her house and Kate loved it!
 This boy...trying to get a serious shot of him is so hard, but he's even handsome while acting crazy.
 I was trying to get a quick picture before we headed into church. I was looking at this one and Joshua leaned in to me and said, "You know why I look so happy? Because I'm pinching Davids finger." That boy:)


 Sunday snuggles with Aunt Cyndy. The kids LOVE when she comes over.
 David playing Happy Birthday for me
 When I was in Cali a friend sent this to me. I guess Kate was sad, so Joshua had her sit with him and he helped her feel better. Melts my heart!!


 This is my new motto for March. We have a lot of big choices and possible changes headed our way and Seth sent this to me last week. 
I feel so rich beyond words! February was a great month filled with so many great memories. March is sure to be another great month as I prepare to head to Switzerland, Germany and Austria for Girls Trip 3.0 with Cyndy and Felicia. My first time to Europe, wish me luck!!!

No comments: