What a crazy start we had to 2017. We got another snow storm in January, but this one was HUGE! The kids barely went to school this month, we had 10 snow days!! We loved having the snow and luckily we have 4 wheel drive in my Suburban, so we were able to get around town easily. Other people weren't so lucky. The best part of our snow days was the days Seth was home with us. That is one perk of being a salaried employee, they closed the office, he stayed home and played in the snow with us, but still got paid:)
January was also the month things for girls camp really start to pick up for me. We had our big YCL (Youth Camp Leader) retreat and picked the theme for camp. It is always fun to get together with the girls and watch them work through the process of picking the theme. Most stakes don't have the girls pick the theme, the leaders do, but I am so glad we do it this way, it is a very fun process with the girls.
Tillamook released a temporary new flavor and I drove to 3 different Safeway's before finding it...it was TOTALLY worth it! Cookie dough ice cream with swirls of peanut butter, chunks of crispy oatmeal, chocolate flakes and chocolate candy. Yum!!
We started the year off with a family dinner at Benihana's. The kids had free dinner passes from the summer reading program they were excited to use.
hanging out at the school
leftovers from the storm in December
We watched Shelby and she came dressed the same as Kate. They were so excited to accidentally be twinning.
Our Girls Trip 3.0 is quickly approaching.
playing games with Aunt Cyndy...Joshua ALWAYS wins. For real, Cyndy didn't let him win, he legit won!
Invites for the YCL Retreat that I made.
Just a pretty picture of the temple
Kimmie wanted a sleeping mask, but we couldn't find one we liked so we went to Joann's and she picked out the fabric and we made one. It turned out great and was super easy & inexpensive.
Let the snow begin...little did we know this was the start of a long, long "winter" in Oregon
warming up after hours of playing outside in the snow
snacking on granola
more playing in the snow
The kids were off school a lot, so we went to work with Seth. We snuck away for a lunch date while he was working
movie time when they got bored playing outside
Our friends, the Gardiner's were scheduled to move into their new house the Saturday after the storm hit. The snow hadn't melted, but they went ahead with the move. It was an experience for sure.
Seth is the BEST mover. He is a pro at moving pianos.
It has stopped snowing, but it was too cold and wouldn't melt!
watching Kate's swim lessons on yet another day of no school
David lost a tooth!
Dance party with our friends, Sutton, Tenney & Maverick
more snow fun...
haircuts and playing with Daddy's missionary tag
the snow is finally starting to melt
I was so excited to find the rug I've been eyeing for a long time. It is a giant costco rug, that is normally super expensive, but I was so happy to find one on sale 70% off & I snatched it up right away. It's so thick and I love it! The kids love it too, they lay on it all the time.
boxing lessons from Daddy
a snack at the outlet mall. Daddy let them get a hot dog, I was so surprised! The stand had any topping you wanted, but the kids didn't want anything crazy, just ketchup...and bacon!
more swim lessons fun for Kate
a little fun at Toys R Us
This girl has always been super flexible, I always find her sitting like this chewing on her toes
Seth and I did a 10 day juice clense, just juice all day and then a light, healthy dinner with the kids. Little did we know that Scott and Nathan were also starting a juice clense the same week we did. Unfortunately for us, juicing is much more expensive for us here than for them in NY.
a new swimsuit from Sutton
watching a movie on the comfy rug
out shopping for our girls trip and Cyndy found this great coat:) :) :)
To say David is a morning person is an understatement. That boy is always up bright and early, he comes out of his room completely dressed, shoes and backpack and all. It is a great quality to have and one that hopefully lasts the rest of his life.
My favorite juice, orange beet.
My waffle bar for the YCL retreat breakfast
working on picking the theme
getting my hair did!
Kimmie went to an emoji birthday party and I got these cute pictures, she had a blast!
This is definitely how I felt by the end of the month:)



































































































No comments:
Post a Comment