Saturday, March 11, 2017

Girls Trip 3.0 Day 4: Munich

MUNICH!!!!
Sunday, March 12, 2017 We arrived in Munich at 3 pm. By this time not only had we missed the first day and a half of our original trip, but we were just so happy to finally be in Europe!!! Since we were in Munich, we just adjusted the itinerary a bit. We were able to change the dates of our Neuschwanstein tour, so that was great. We did miss our day of going to Bern, Switzerland and seeing the first temple in Europe. It was a stressful start to the trip, but smooth sailing from then on...
Our hotel was just a short walk from the train station, so we headed straight there. I was immedietly in love the with streets of Munich. I loved the buildings and the atmosphere. The cute little German boy that checked us in was so sweet. Felicia had booked the hotel, and somehow it ended up being in Dave's name. The sweet boy let us check in any way and in his cute German accent cutely said, "If anyone asks, Mr. Hastings is here with you" We dropped our stuff off in our room, freshened up and then hit the town walking. We walked all around Munich. We saw the Glockenspiel, ate dinner at the Hofbrauhaus, and walked the city some more. It was late and all the stores were closed, but we loved seeing all the buildings and just walking the streets. I was instantly in love with Munich!
walking to our hotel from the train station

our cute hotel

view from our room. I love that in Europe you can open the windows!

about to hit the town

















 It was dark outside by the time we finished dinner. We just walked around the city more









 We found this creepy body outline on the ground, so I laid in it...it freaked us all out!! Turns out it was some protester who was killed there...I think...



We stumbled upon this awesome, but random, Micheal Jackson memorial

Train back to our hotel. What a busy first day!!!

No comments: