On June 30th we celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary. We heard about something called the Four T Trail and decided our anniversary was the perfect day to do it. So, we left the kiddos with Oma and headed to the Portland Zoo, which is the start of the TRAIL and began our 4 mile hike.
The first 2 miles took us up to Council Crest, the highest point in Portland. Ok, I have to admit, I haven't done much hiking in my lifetime, so I didn't really know what to expect. I pictured a paved trail, but we were literally hiking through the beautiful trees on a little path, it was beautiful.
As we walked up the trail to the top of Council Crest I noticed a blanket off to the side and as we got closer I saw this...
Seth had organized a picnic lunch for us overlooking Beaverton. It was gorgeous and I was so surprised!! And I was starving, so this was a much needed surprise! The blanket was equipped with my favorite salad from Red Robin, lots of extra bread and ranch dressing, a bouquet of purple flowers the kids helped pick out, a bottle of sparkling cider, and the Rock of Ages soundtrack (yes, I know I am nerd, but I really love the soundtrack!) A big thank you to Scott for helping put it all together.
| the view from our picnic lunch |
After we finished our lunch we headed back to the trail to finish the last 2 miles of the hike, which led us to OHSU.
From there we took the TRAM down
| looking down from the Tram |
| View from the Tram, on a clear day you can see all the way to Mt. Hood |
and got onto the TROLLEY (which is actually a streetcar).
We rode the "trolley" to downtown Portland. It stopped right by Cyndy's work, so we got off and visited with her for a bit. Then we got on the TRAIN and headed back to the Zoo.
It rained on us off and on, but it didn't bother us at all. I had so much fun walking and talking with Seth. The scenery was beautiful and it was fun to get out and do something we have never done before. After we got home from the 4T's, we picked the kids up and went to a quick dinner and then to get frozen yogurt. Then we headed to the grocery store to buy treats for later that night.
Once we put the kids to bed we headed out again. That is one benefit of living below Seth's parents. We can put the kids to bed and then go out and they will listen for them. We grabbed our snacks, loaded up the van, and headed to the Drive-in! I was super excited about this. I haven't been to the Drive-in since I was a kid, so I was really excited to go again. Seth took the seats out of the van and put the air mattress in.
We got there about 2 hours before the movie started to we walked around and played a card question game while we waited. The first movie, Brave, was supposed to start around 9:30, but due to some mechanical difficulties (a fire broke out on the cables above the building, temporarily knocking out the power) it didn't start until around 10. We had already seen Brave, so I decided to take a little nap so I would be able to stay up for the second movie, The Avengers. After my little nap there was a short intermission and then the second movie started around midnight. It was so fun to cuddle up and watch a movie. I can't wait to take the kids there, they will love it! We made it home around 3 am. It was a late night, and I was exhausted the next day, but it was so worth it.
I loved every second of that day and I have loved every second of the last 6 years with Seth. We have been blessed with 3 beautiful children and although things have not always been perfect, I love that man so much I can't even begin to explain it. I can't wait to see what the next 6 years holds for us.
I love you, Sethy!!!!

1 comment:
I love that you were surprised with lunch, such a sweet thing to do! Ed & I will have to give that hike a try, it looks so fun .. thanks for the inspiration.
Post a Comment