Oh my goodness, where has the year gone?!?! I can't believe Joshua is already a year old. I have been pretty sentimental today, thinking back on the last year. It has been filled with so much joy. Joshua is such a blessing to our family. He is changing every day, so fast. He is walking everywhere and into everything. He is so curious and loves to play with his big brother and big sister.
Today he went to his 1 year check-up. Here are his stats:
Weight: 21 lbs (50th percentile)
Height: 29 1/2 inches (50th percentile)
Head Circumference: 18 5/8 inches (90th percentile)
He is growing and developing great. The doctor is very pleased with his communication skills, he was flirting with her:) This week he also said his first word, other than Dadda & Momma. We were sitting on the back porch swing and a bird flew up into the nest on our deck, he was staring at it and I said "that's a bird". He looked at it, pointed and said "Bir". Then he kept saying it over and over again, it was so cute! Now I am calling him
Bambi.
Tonight we celebrated by having dinner with the family and cake after. I was very excited to see how he would do with the cake, and he did not disappoint me:)
 |
| birthday dinner |
 |
| the family enjoying dinner:) |
 |
| "Happy birthday to Joshua" |
 |
| what do I do with this??? |
 |
| I'll just dip my fingers in and lick them |
 |
| oh wait, shoving it all in my mouth is much more effective |
 |
| I love cake!!! |
 |
| Can you fit your entire hand in your mouth too?? |
 |
| licking ever last bite |
 |
| even licking the chocolate on his arm |
 |
| "CHEESE" |
 |
| carrying his present from Kimmie and David |
 |
| Kimmie & David picked out a glow worm for him. They said he HAD to have one because they both do. He LOVES it!!! |
 |
| opening his gift from Mommy & Daddy |
 |
| Lego's + glow worm = best birthday ever!!! |
2 comments:
Oh my goodness! I love every single picture! He is so cute and so funny! I wish I could have been there to see it in real life. Maybe I'll be there for your next baby's first birthday... ;)
Oh my goodness! He is so cute and funny! I wish I could have been there. Maybe I'll be there for your next baby's first birthday... ;)
Post a Comment