In May we took a last minute trip to California/Utah. My Mom and Tom were going to Utah and they wanted us to meet them there. We have really been needing a family vacation, and I have been BEGGING Seth to take us to Cali, so he finally agreed:) We rented a car, so we could save mileage/wear and tear on our car, and headed to Cali. We spent one week in Cali and one week in Utah. It was an AMAZING trip, my favorite EVER!!!
Our main concern with driving was how the kids would do in the car. They actually did great. By the end of the trip I didn't think we would ever get Joshua to sleep anywhere but in his car seat. He did great in the car, but in the hotel at night was another story. Lets just say my nights in the hotel consisted of breastfeeding/snuggling with our sweet baby boy all night. I think the hardest part was trying to keep the kids quiet in the hotel so they didn't disturb any other guests.
So, here is the start of our trip.....
May 21st: Portland to Sacramento. Woke up, loaded the car and we were on the road at 9:30am.
 |
| This is the weather we left to head to sunny California |
 |
| Kimmie is all smiles after we stop in Grants Pass, Oregon at a rest stop |
 |
| All 3 kids asleep as we entered California!!! |
Our next stop was at a rest stop in Red Bluff, California to let the kids run around and eat.
 |
| Kimmie was so excited to use the big girl bathrooms. |
 |
| Still smiling after being in the car all day:) |
 |
| Sacramento |
We made it into Sacramento around 7:30pm. Neither one of us have been to Sacramento and the first stop we made was at the
Sacramento Temple. It is in a strange location, you drive along this road that ends at a security clearance station, but just before that there is a road on the left you drive up and it is located back there on a ton of land. They had a beautiful park and the temple was gorgeous.
 |
| Notice the barbed wire fence in the background, that is the private access only I mentioned |
 |
| we were greeted by deer as we were driving up |
 |
| Sacramento Temple |
 |
| They sure do love each other! |
 |
| Sweet baby Joshua playing wth Daddy in the grass |
 |
| Does life get any better than this??? |
Kimmie and David loved walking around the temple grounds. At the end, they each kept taking turns sitting by the fountain and singing
I Am A Child of God and
I Love to See the Temple. I just sat on the bench and listen to their sweet little voices sing about Heavenly Father. It was a very sweet moment for me.
 |
| Sacramento Temple at night |
After feeding Joshua and walking around the temple, we loaded back into the car and headed to our hotel. I have to give a very special thanks to Sethy for taking me there. The temple was out of the way of our hotel, and initially we weren't going to go, but he decided we should and I am very glad we did. I seriously have the best husband EVER!!!
Stay tuned for Day 2: Sacramento to San Francisco to Anaheim...
No comments:
Post a Comment