Monday, February 22, 2010

another year older, another year wiser???

Saturday, February 20th, was my 28th birthday. We started the day by going to lunch at Pine State Biscuits. It was SO GOOD!!!!! I forgot to take a picture of my lunch, but this is what Scott got (we got the same thing except mine did not have an egg on it) It was fried chicken, cheese, bacon, and homemade gravy all on a homemade buttermilk biscuit. Oh, I am hungry just thinking about it, I can't wait to go back!
After Pine State we headed over to Otto's to get some lunch meat. Seth and I love watching Diners Drive-ins & Dives and both these places were featured on that show, which is why we wanted to check them out. Of course Otto's was delicious too! Then it was time to take the kids home for a nap. While they were napping I decided it was time to redo the lamp in Kimmie's room. I bought it used at Goodwill last June. It wasn't too ugly, but just wasn't what I wanted, but the price was right. I went to Joanne Fabrics and bought some super cute Micky fabric and......

before

AFTER!!!!

I was worried the dangly Mickey's would look too "mexican" (I hope I don't offend anyone by saying that) but I thought they were too cute to pass up:)
After nap time we took the kids for a walk. The weather has been beautiful lately. After our walk we headed to Chili's for dinner (they shut down the one by us over a year ago and the closest one is 20 minutes away so we never go) The kids were great on the drive to dinner, but our luck changed when we pulled in the parking lot.....Chili's was GONE...CLOSED....:( So, we got back in the car and by this time it was getting late. After much deliberation and lots of driving we ended up at Old Chicago I love pizza, so I was very happy with that decision. After we put the kids to bed that night Seth & I headed out to a late movie. We saw Valentines Day. Disappointing movie, but still had a great time out with Seth.
I got a bunch of candy, the Glee Volume 2 CD & an i-pod shuffle, (and flowers from my visiting teachers - thanks girls!) It was a GREAT birthday!! I am so excited to use my i-pod. It is exactly what I wanted for my marathon training (in case you didn't know, I am running the Newport Marathon on June 5th!)
Of course my post wouldn't be complete without some pictures of the kids:)

getting baby brother after nap time, she was playing peek-a-boo with him


play time outside, the weather is amazing!



oh, I just LOVE him!!!!


4 comments:

Flee said...

HAHAHAAAAA!!! The lamp looks great! I wouldn't say it's "too Mexican" at all. I about died when I read that I was laughging so hard! And woo hoo! for the marathon stuff.

Scott, Tina, Spencer and Morgan said...

okay, i want to go to pine state biscuits the next time we come out. i know my scott would love it there. yummy!

Jessica said...

What a crafty lady you are! Cute stuff, and your kids are adorable as always. I must tell you though, the looks of that breakfast made me a little ill...

Jessica said...

Correction: lunch. ;)