We are in Michigan and keeping busy. We got in Wednesday & so did Nicky. I was pretty nervous about how the kids would do on the flight, but they were GREAT! David slept the whole time and Kimmie slept and enjoyed looking out the window. Friday Tina, Scott & Spencer flew in. After picking them up from the airport we went to The Henry Ford Museum. They have a lot of interesting things there, like the chair Abraham Lincoln was sitting in when he was shot. They also have the bus that Rosa Parks sat in. Saturday some of us went to the University of Michigan football game. Seth & I have always wanted to go to a game so we decided we better go this time because who knows when we will get the chance again. The game was a lot of fun, they played Western Michigan and won. I can't believe how many people they cram into that stadium! We were crammed in like sardines. But it was still a lot of fun. After the game we headed down to Southgate, where I grew up. There was a big festival going on and a lot of my dads family was there. We were able to see a lot of family that I haven't seen in years. Some of them met Seth for the first time! It was great seeing family. Being down there brought back a lot of memories, especially memories of my dad. It was a happy, but sad day for me. I enjoyed visiting, but it really made me realize how happy I am with my life. I really LOVE Oregon and I am so glad I have Seth in my life. He really is my best friend!!! Michigan will always be special to me, it is where I grew up, a lot of my memories are here, but Oregon is my home now. I just wish I could take some of the people I love in Michigan (and in Utah) and relocate them to Oregon:) Maybe one day....
Today was church and then we had some family over for a BBQ. There was also an antique car parade and a light parade. My parents live right on Main Street so we can just sit in the front yard and watch the parades go by. Tomorrow we are having a bunch of people over for a BBQ and to watch more parades. They do a bunch on Labor Day, it is crazy. It has been a fun trip, so far, filled with good food, yummy elephant ears, apple cider and great fall weather. We will be heading home Tuesday morning and I will post pictures then. We hope everyone has a great Labor Day!!!
1 comment:
YUM! I totally want an elephant ear! They are so much better than funnel cakes. Whatever the crap those are. I'm glad you are having so much fun in MI.
Post a Comment