Sunday, August 30, 2009

Fiddler on the Roof & Hood to Coast

Last Wednesday me, Seth, Scott & Alena went to see Fiddler on the Roof. Topol, who played Tevye in the movie, is doing his farewell tour and we were lucky enough to see him perform! He was amazing, his voice sounded exactly the same. He has appeared in this role over 2500 times so far. Crazy! I really enjoyed this play, it was funny & performed very well.

A few weeks ago Seth's cousin called and asked if he & Scott would like to join their team for the Hood to Coast relay. Here is some info for those who are not familiar with this race: it is 197 miles and starts at Mt. Hood and ends at the Pacific Ocean in Seaside, Oregon. There are 12,000 runners and 3,500 volunteers. It is the largest relay in the world! Their teams start time was 7 am Friday and they finished the race Saturday around 2:30pm. Friday Kathy & I took the kids to one of the exchange points so we could see Seth. Then Saturday I took the kids and drove out to the coast so we could be there to watch Seth's team cross the finish line. After the race we played on the beach for a bit with Kimmie. She loves the "BBBIIIGGG" water. She also enjoyed chasing the seagulls while screaming "I get em!! I get em!" The water was super cold but she didn't mind.
We are off to Michigan tomorrow to spend Labor Day with the family. I will try to blog while we are there, but who knows how busy we will be. We are hoping to visit family we haven't seen in years and friends we haven't seen in many many years.
Here are some pictures from the last week.......

playing with baby brother

what a cute little girl!

making cookies with Oma

cheese

the love of my life!!!

she always wants to sit with baby brother

Seth running Hood to Coast

playing at the beach

very windy

the end of the hood to coast race

it was a cloudy day



running from the waves with daddy

aren't they the cutest

running around




1 comment:

Flee said...

I love all the pictures! Way to go Seth on the huge run. And Kimmie is such a good big sister. :)