Friday, August 21, 2009

Kimmie's 2nd Birthday & check-ups

Kimmie turned two on August 16th. The morning started with Mickey Mouse shaped pancakes & then we went to church. I made little mini cupcakes for Kimmie to take to nursery, they were so good! For dinner that night we had make your own pizza. Kimmie LOVES pizza! Then we sang Happy Birthday to her & had cupcakes.




Wednesday night we did a BBQ in the park to celebrate Kimmie's birthday. I really wanted to make her a special cake, but I have never done anything like that before. After a little brainstorming & some help from the internet, I decided to make her a Mickey Mouse cake (can you tell she really likes Mickey!) It took me two hours to decorate & I am SO proud of how it turned out....


All my hard work is about to be cut up...





and of course a picture of David:)

Thank you to everyone who celebrated with us & for all the birthday wishes & wonderful gifts. She is such a spoiled little girl, but very loved!!!

Kimmie & David also had their check-ups on Wednesday. Kimmie is in the 90th percentile for her height, weight & head circumference. She weighs 32 lbs, 35 1/2 in tall and her head is 50 cm. She is super tall for her age, but is proportionate to her weight. I have to take a second to brag (it's my blog, so I am allowed to) the doctor said she has never seen a 2 year old as smart as Kimmie, she even said Kimmie is as advanced as some 4 or 5 year olds!!! She knows all her colors, can count to 15, says more words than we can count and puts sentences together too! It is kind of scary, we have to constantly watch what we say because she repeats EVERYTHING!!! She even has a new "courtesy laugh" she does, it is too funny! She knows most of her ABC's and potty training is the next thing on our list....after all the vacations we have coming up.

David is 2 months old and weighs 13 lbs 3 oz. He is 24 in long and his head is 39.6 cm. David is also in the 90th percentile for all three. He is a big boy, but proportionate like his big sister. He is super strong and already holds himself up like a 4 month old. We have to watch him constantly because he is always wiggling around. He is such a great little boy. He has started giving us little smiles and cooing noises. I love it when we make eye contact and he smiles at me, melts my heart every time! Kimmie loves him so much and is very helpful! We are so blessed to have such amazing children!

These next couple months are going to be super busy, so I might not blog as much as I normally do. We are heading out to Michigan in two weeks and a week after that we are going to Disney World. It will be a crazy month, but a lot of fun!!!

3 comments:

Flee said...

WOO HOO for brilliant kids! Happy birthday to Kimmie. And I can't believe that she weighs 32lbs! Lizzy is finally hitting 26lbs most days. I can't wait to see you! I really want to come and visit.

Unknown said...

Thanks for inviting us to the BBQ...we had fun...minus the bees. ha ha. I have a hard time with them. It was great to see your little ones and I am glad Kimmie had a great time! I am glad I got to hold David. You have special kiddos. Let me know when you would like to come over and have a play date between vacationing!

JENNY said...

Wow! Kimmie is sooo smart! I'm jealous. You will have to give me some tips on how you did it. Isabelle doesn't even talk that much and she's a year older! How did you do it?!