Well, yesterday Kimmie was sitting on the couch in the playroom watching Cinderella while I was on the computer (which is in the same room, don't worry, I didn't just leave her to fend for herself). One of her favorite parts in the movie is when the mice start singing while making her dress. She decided to stand up and dance, which was a bad idea! I watched as she tumbled over the side of the couch. I was nervous because we have a wooden trunk we keep blankets in and she just barely missed it, or so I thought. She didn't cry for long and was back to singing before the song was even over. She was fine the rest of the day and then when I was getting her changed into her pajamas I noticed the scrape on her thigh and stomach! I guess she didn't miss the trunk like I thought. She must have scraped along it when she fell. sorry this picture isn't the best quality & there is a shadow on it. I feel so bad! It does not seem to be hurting her, but this is her first major ouchie. She falls a lot now that she is walking everywhere but she is so tough and just gets right back up. It is so sad seeing your little baby hurt! It didn't break the skin or anything, so we are lucky, it could have been a lot worse!Onto something not so sad, I am still having trouble being a shop-a-holic at Goodwill! Here is what I have bought in the last couple months:
for me:
1 sweater 2 skirts 3 dresses (brand new, tags still on) 3 pairs of capris (all brand new with tags still on) 1 pair sweatpants 1 pair knee length shorts (brand new) 1 shirt 1 pair of Diesel shoes, brand new with tags still on!!
for Kimmie:
2 pairs of shoes (brand new) 1 dress 3 pants Baby Einstein DVD 2 sweaters 1 shirt 1 pair rain boots
Random stuff:
2 tennis raquets 3 tennis balls 2 books for Seth butter dish & all the supplies for the candy dishes I have been making
The grand total I spent for all of this was $89.92!!! Can you believe it!!! I am hooked! Seth says I have a problem, but oh well:) Now I am on the hunt for Christmas!
Oh yeah, Kimmie has been drooling like crazy & today we noticed one of her molars finally came through! We are glad it finally happened and excited to the rest to finally come through!
4 comments:
That is amazing. It sounds like you guys have more of a selection at your thrift stores out there. Sadly, things are usually pick over here in thrifty valley. But, I have managed to get some very nice clothing for Korbin. My biggest victory (I have to brag) has been the furniture I have purchased in the last week. We didn't have anything besides bedroom furniture so I hit DI and Savers. After hunting for a while I managed to find a kitchen table (solid and sturdy wood that I plan to refinish), two kitchen chairs, a couch for the living room and a matching set of couches for the family room. All of these items are in very good shape (which is hard to come by at DI) and I purchased all of it for $154. I feel so blessed! Anyway, sorry about the long comment, but I love a good deal.
Oh and I almost forgot because I was so excited about thrifty shopping, I am sorry Kimmie got an ouchie. Crazy dare devil kids. Korbin has had some near misses. Hope her owie (how do you spell that?) goes away soon.
Oh how sad!! That is good that she was totally fine with it though. She is so cute. I am so excited to see you. I got lunch off on Tues the 11th from 12:00 to 1:00 so I am so excited to catch up. Just let me know as it gets closer. Be prepared for snow cuz it is snowing today like crazy and I am pretty sure it is here to stay!!
Sorry this was her first ouchy. It will not be her last. Once they start to walk...just wait!
Great job shopping...I love great deals!
Post a Comment