Saturday, August 16, 2008

Happy Birthday Kimmie!

Wow, this past year has gone by so fast! Today is Kimmie's 1st Birthday:) We had a little birthday BBQ this afternoon to celebrate. I was so excited for her to eat her cake & when the moment came she could care less about the cake!!! She was getting sleepy but all she wanted to do was get down and walk around:) She loves to walk (while holding your hands). She hasn't attempted walking on her own, but she wants to walk more and more so I know it will happen soon. I can't believe my little girl is already 1! I remember when she was born they told us she would be considered a "preemie" until her first birthday. But looking at her today you would never know she was born 6 weeks early. She is so playful, loves to laugh and gets into EVERYTHING! She talks a lot too. She says mama, dada, Scott (which sounds like cot), papa, dog & her favorite word is CAR! She says car for everything! She has also started this new thing where she crawls to your feet and says "up! up! up!" I don't mean to brag but our little girl is so smart:)
Kimmie has also learned how to drink from a straw. We have tried letting her drink from a straw before but she couldn't figure it out. Then we went to dinner at The Melting Pot a few nights ago and she did it! It was so cute, she would drink from it & every time I tried to take a picture she would stop drinking & smile. She is such a little ham!
Kimmie received a lot of great presents for her birthday. (Thank you everyone) Seth & I bought her new car seat & as soon as she wakes up from her nap we are taking her out in it! She finally gets to face forward, which I know she is going to love! Seth also bought her first dolly & she got many other fun toys & cute clothes. She is such a spoiled little girl! I have been anticipating this day for while and now it is almost over. It has brought a lot of different emotions and I just want to express my gratitude to my Heavenly Father. He has blessed me with an AMAZING husband and a beautiful little girl. I never knew my life would be this amazing. I am so blessed and I love my family so much. Each day with them is a blessing & words cannot express how thankful I am!
Here are some more recent pictures, enjoy!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIMMIE! It really does feel like time is moving by at warp speed doesn't it? She is such a little doll, and so smart too. Watch out! We hope to see you guys at the blessing for Spencer. Once again Tucker will be working so it'll just be Korbin and me.

Flee said...

YAY! Tell Kimmie that Lizzy and I say Happy Birthday! I can't believe that this year has gone by that fast. I love her so much. Do you realize that she is a mini-seth? It's crazy! Love you guys!
(11/21 WOO HOO!!)

Heather and Thomas Mann said...

Happy birthday, Kimmie! On a side note... Chrissy, you look amazing. You can totally tell you've lost weight. Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Jessica said...

Hey and because you don't have a Memory Tag place I will just post my memory here. Remember a certain stud named Carl (I believe it was) that resided on the ceiling above your bed? Didn't he go with you (packed in your suitcase) on your honey moon? Ahhh what ever happened to that young balding chap? And I remember posting things all over your room too but I don't remember what it was, just that we laughed a lot.