
Kimmie had her 12 month check up today. She weighs 21 lbs 14 oz and is 29 5/8 inches long. She is in the 75th percentile for her height & weight. The doctor says she is doing GREAT! She was shocked at how many words Kimmie can say:) Today she got more shots, she handled it like a champ! She has thrush again so we decided to have some blood work done to make sure everything is normal. That part was tough! They had to draw it from her arm:( A 5 year old boy went before us & he screamed like crazy & walked out with a bloody nose! Then they called us in & my stomach was turning, I was so nervous for how Kimmie would handle it. When they used to prick her foot for blood she slept right through it, never even making a sound. But now they had to take it from her arm & that made me nervous. When the nurse walked in & saw it was a baby, she said "I can't do this!" and walked out. That made me even more nervous!!! Another woman came in shortly & explained the other nurse needed a

break, it was hard on her drawing blood from the boy & she didn't think she could handle doing a little baby. We completely understood, I would never be able to do their job! Kimmie sat on my lap while Seth held her arm and she didn't move when they stuck the needle in, but a few seconds later she started crying & then it was over. She did so well! She looked so tough with her band-aids on her thighs & tape on her left arm. For being such a good girl she got pizza for lunch & now she is napping. What a strong little girl:)
5 comments:
Isn't it the hardest thing just sitting by and watching someone take blood from your baby? It's awful. I hated it BOTH times. So sad. Also, I LOVE that first picture where she is just sitting. so so so cute. see you soon!
Sounds like she is doing great. That's too bad she had to have blood drawn. I hope that the tests come back normal. We go today for Korbin's visit. I am a little nervous because it is right during nap time. What was I thinking when I set this up?
Awww, poor baby. Hopefully all will be ok. I have not stopped reading your posts. I read them weekly. I feel like a stalker, I should write more. I can't believe she is a year old already. Life seems to go quicker when there is a growing baby! Well keep in touch sister.
21 pounds!? WOW!! I cannot believe that. She is so stinking cute Chrissy! So sad about the shots. I hate the check ups.
Wow! I can't believe she is a year old! She sure is cute! It is hard when they get shots and blood drawn! And to think I that stuff for a living. It is different when it's not your own, I couldn't do it to Zane.
Post a Comment