Life sure has changed for us these last few months. On September 4, 2012 Kimmie started KINDERGARTEN!!! I can't even believe our little girl is in school. I was super nervous for her to start, this is the first time I am relinquishing control and putting her in the hands of someone else (besides family) for a long period of time. Luckily, she is only in half day.
She was super nervous too. She went to bed at 5:00pm the night before and woke up ready to go, but anxious. We made her a special pancake breakfast, but she could barely eat it. She kept saying, "my tummy hurts, I think I am going to throw up!" The whole morning she just had this nervous smile. I was nervous too, but trying my best to hide it so she would stay calm.
She asked me to make a special lunch for her first day, so I put in everything she asked for. Only to later find out that she got a hot lunch on her first day:)
Special breakfast
First day pictures
look at that nervous smile!!!!
so grown up
Mommy with her little kindergartner
David is excited to run the house while she's gone:)
Our family, minus Joshua who was still asleep
waiting at the bus stop
Daddy & Kimmie waiting for the bus
hugs before she gets on the bus
I can't seem to walk away:(
sweet girl waving goodbye
At this point I was holding it together pretty well. We put her on the bus, and we started walking back home. As we were walking, I looked up at Seth and he was crying. That made me lose it and I let out all the emotions I had been fighting to hold in. So, there we were, two adults crying like babies as we walked home. I just can't believe how fast 5 years has flown by. She used to be our baby girl, but has suddenly (or what feels like suddenly) grown up and I just want to freeze time.
After we put Kimmie on the bus I drove over to the school to meet her. When I got to her classroom, she wasn't in there and I started to get a little nervous. Some other kids from her bus were there, but she wasn't. I started to walk to the office to look for her, when I saw her walking down the hall with the principle. When she got off the bus, she didn't know where to go, so she asked an adult for help. They accidentally took her to the other kindergarten class. So, because of that she was a little scared to return the next day without me, so she asked me to put her on the bus and meet her at school for the entire first week. Of course I agreed, it helped both of us to transition easier.
Sitting at her desk.
Me standing in the door taking pictures as I try to force myself to walk away.
Sweet baby Joshua woke up after Kimmie was already gone to school.
I was anxious most of the day, and when it finally came time to go back to the bus stop, I was so excited. Kimmie came off the bus just BEAMING! She LOVED her first day of school. She told us all about her teacher and the fun stuff they did. She also told us about her new best friend, Soren (don't worry, you haven't heard the last about him. His name is used in our household multiple times each day)
Overall she had an amazing first day and is still loving school. We had our first parent-teacher conference and Mrs. Bacos had only wonderful things to say about Kimmie. She told us she is the "ideal student" who always listens, participates and is so smart. But, we already knew all those things!
Matching pajama night was is great way to end the first day of school.
1 comment:
That was a great story! I laughed at the two adults crying as they walked home part. I can totally see Mike and I doing the exact same thing. On the other side, it's funny to see parents from a teachers perspective (I work at an after school program) and see how totally cool with the new adventure their kids are and how freaked out the parents are for them. Good times.
Post a Comment