Monday, August 27, 2012

Kimmie's 5 year check-up

I can't believe that I am posting about my baby girl's 5 year check-up. I am not ready to accept that she is growing up.
Here are her stats:
Weight: 51 lbs 12oz (90th percentile)
Height: 3 ft 8 3/4 in (90th percentile)
BP: 98/60
 
She is growing great! The doctor asked her all sorts of questions about colors, shapes, animals, etc. Then she had her write her name and draw some shapes. Kimmie nailed it!!! She is so ready for kindergarten. They also did a hearing test and a vision test, both of which she passed.
After the eye exam came the scary part...SHOTS! She had to get three shots. I stayed in front of her so she couldn't see and tried distracting her with talk about ice cream and yummy treats. It worked for about two seconds, then the first shot came..she looked right at me with the look of complete shock. Then the second shot, she yelled. Then after the third, and final shot, she cried "I want my Dadda!" The nurse was great and it was all over so fast, and she handled it like a champ.
On the way home I offered to take her to McDonald's, but she politely declined saying she doesn't want to eat chicken nuggets anymore because they are bad for you:) Instead, we went home, picked up Cyndy, David & Joshua and went to get some frozen yogurt.
I only have one week left to enjoy having my sweet girl home all the time. I better plan some fun things to do.
 

No comments: