Sunday, August 5, 2012

California Trip Day 3

May 23rd: Disneyland & California Adventure

This was such a fun day. As I mentioned before, Cyndy flew out just to be there for the kids very first trip to Disneyland (it was also my first time at Disneyland). The kids didn't know we were going to Disneyland, I was so excited to surprise them. That morning I decided I would wake them up and tell them where we would be spending the day. Seth said we should wait, they would be more excited if we told them once they were wide awake, but I just couldn't wait. We went into their room, woke them up & told them the news. They looked right at me and then went back to sleep:) Not exactly the reaction I was hoping for, but I should have listened to Seth:)
such sleepy kids
Once they were awake and had breakfast they got super excited about spending the day at Disneyland.


Our first stop was Dumbo! Kimmie loved this ride when we went to Disney World, so we knew we had to stop their first.
Mommy & David on Dumbo

Kimmie & Cyndy on Dumbo

 After riding a few rides we went to our lunch reservations at Cafe Orleans. It was delicious! They had the best Monte Cristo sandwich.
Kimmie & Cyndy at lunch

Daddy & David at lunch

this is how Joshua spent lunch
YUMMY!!!
We knew going into this that we would be spending all our time on kids rides, but Cyndy and Seth were nice enough to take the kids on a ride while I went on the Indian Jones ride. This was my first time at Disneyland (I have been to Disney World a few times) and the only ride I really wanted to go on was Indian Jones, so I am glad I was able to.




You are only allowed a certain amount of people between each horse, and there was a woman next to us, so I had to ride on the horse with Joshua

It was perfect, we were walking along and we spotted Mary Poppins. There was no line and Kimmie walked right up to her. Kimmie still talks about how beautiful she was!


 Next we headed over to California Adventure. We went on the Ferris Wheel and rode the new Little Mermaid ride. Kimmie also went on the Jumping Jellyfish ride, which she absolutely loved! She kept asking to go on Screamin. We told her that it goes upside down, but she said "it's ok, you have a seat belt on".

so dizzy!

Kimmie and Cyndy on the bumper cars. David was with Seth.

on the Ferris Wheel

David LOVED the Ferris Wheel
 

Jumpin Jellyfish with Cyndy


sleepy Joshua

David with Seth on the new Little Mermaid ride

After spending some time at California Adventure we headed back to Disneyland to finish off our day. It was a long, hot day, but tons and tons of fun!!! Kimmie's favorite ride was Small World. David's favorite was the Ferris Wheel. Kimmie loved meeting Mary Poppins and all the other character's, David was still a little afraid of them. It was such a great day. I am so glad Cyndy was there to share it with us!
Kimmie driving with Cyndy

David driving with Daddy
 




our attempt to get a family picture as we were leaving the park. The kids were exhausted and did not want any part in it!

my souvenir from Disneyland:)

1 comment:

Heather and Thomas Mann said...

Looks like such a fun trip! i cannot wait to take the kids! Aileah LOVES peter pan right now