Friday, August 17, 2012

Kimmie's 5th birthday!

Our first family picture
Wow, that feels strange to type, my baby girl is 5!!! She was so excited for her birthday, every night before bed she would mark off another day on her calendar, counting down the days. The day before her birthday we celebrated with a family dinner/cake & ice cream. She knew exactly what she wanted: nachos and a chocolate frosting castle cake. So, I spent the day decorating this...
Castle cake
singing happy birthday
a little help blowing out the candles
the family
Enjoying her cake

Joshua loves, loves, loves cake

David enjoying cake
 Dinner was delicious and after cake she of course opened presents. She was so excited!
present time

she loves her present from David
Hello Kitty slippers from Aunt Cyndy...she slept in the that night!!
Nice photo bomb David:)
her new pajamas and slippers
 On her actual birthday she woke us up super early, so excited! She got to choose whatever she wanted for breakfast, and she picked "squares" (for those of you who don't know, that is frosted mini wheat's. The kids refer to all their cereal by what shape they are. Cheerios are circles, Shredded Spoonfuls are octagons)
After breakfast she opened more presents. More pajamas and a Disney Princess Doll set from Grandma.


After presents we got ready for Kimmie's birthday party. We took some of Kimmie's friends from her church class downtown to watch the movie Brave. It was quite a task looking after all these kids, but luckily I had some great help!
waiting to get our tickets
 After 3 large buckets of popcorn and a great movie, we headed across the street to continue the party. Kimmie did not want cupcakes, instead she wanted chocolate chip cookies. So, the kids sang her happy birthday and we ate cookies.
singing to the birthday girl
It was super hot that day, 99 degrees! So, we let the kids play in the water for a few minutes. Some just splashed and ran around, others were drenched!
Great kids!!!
silly faces
playing in the water
playing some more
Later that day we took the kids to dinner. We ended up going to Red Robing. They sang to Kimmie and gave her a birthday sundae. My favorite memory from the night was she would eat on bite of the sundae, then give David a bite, then Joshua. She offered some to me and Seth too:) She shared her entire sundae with her two brothers, at one point giving them more bites than she was getting. Eventually she was full and gave the rest to her brothers. She really is such a sweet girl. I love her so much and words cannot explain what a blessing she is to our family.

 It was a long, emotional, but GREAT day. I can't believe that my sweet little girl is already 5! And, to top it off, we got her kindergarten packet in the mail today. She starts school in 2 1/2 weeks. AHHH!!!! I am not ready to let her go off into the world.
She is such a smart, beautiful, loving girl and I am so glad I get to be her Mother!!!


1 comment:

Davenport Family said...

Somehow I accidentally deleted this comment from Heather, and I can't figure out how to make it reappear, but I wanted it to be posted so that I have it when I print out our blog, so here it is:)

"What a beautiful girl! I cannot believe she is 5! she must have learned to be sweet form someone...hmmm...wonder who! :)"