Thursday, July 21, 2011

38 weeks!!!

Wow, today I am 38 weeks. This is officially the longest I have ever been pregnant (David was born at 37.4 weeks). Yesterday I met with my midwife and a new doctor to discuss what our plan is. After a lot of talking, we decided that we will try to have this baby natural delivery, with the understanding that if at any point things do not progress they way they should we do a c-section. I am very happy with this decision. The doctor said right now it is really a 50/50 chance of c-section, but I am happy we will at least be trying for natural.



It seems that these annoying and painful contractions are finally doing something too. I have been 80-90% effaced and dilated to a 1-1.5 for the last two months, and yesterday I was finally dilated to a 2. Then the doctors decided to strip my membranes. Stripping the membranes releases hormones that help soften the cervix and help the uterus to contract. If my body is already starting toward labor it will help it start labor. If my body is not ready yet, it won't do anything but make me uncomfortable. So far it has just made me uncomfortable;)



I also had another growth ultrasound yesterday and he is measuring 9.10 lbs. I feel that is really accurate, especially considering my belly is measuring 47 weeks!!!! See for yourself.....


Hopefully this big boy will be joining our family very soon, I am very anxious to meet him:)

1 comment:

Scott, Tina, Spencer and Morgan said...

"and sissy has a BABY in her belly. i like sissy." -spencer