So last November we had a relief society activity where they taught us how to make aprons. Ever since then I have been a little obsessed with sewing and I have been making all sorts of gifts for people. For Christmas I gave all the girls homemade aprons...and I have a little surprise for them this year that I cannot blog about yet. But, I have also been making things for the kids too. I finally gifted out the first one, so I can finally blog about it. The best part is, they are super affordable to make, the aprons only cost about $10-15 each and the activity books varied from $3-$6 each. Here are some pictures of what I have been doing...
I forgot to take pictures of the aprons I made at Christmas, but luckily I got one of this one I made for Felicia

It is reversible

Here is what I made for Kimmie. It is a little activity book to take to church, no more lugging around tons of crayons and coloring books. Kimmie's was the first I made so it has a lot of flaws;)

the inside (this picture should be flipped, but I couldn't get it to) I forgot to take a picture of the back, but it is the same tangled fabric that lines the pockets.

This is the second one I made for Lizzy's birthday present.

I decided to add more pockets for colored pencils, so it's a little different than Kimmie's.

the back (the fabric was puckering a bit, but I figured out how to fix that one when I did #3)

This is the 3rd one I made, for David. I made his strap a little too thick, but I am too lazy to change it!

I decided to do crayons for him (I also couldn't rotate this pic, but you get the idea)

and I fixed the puckering so it lays flatter now

I have been having a blast sewing and doing crafts. Thanks to my great friends who stayed up late to teach me how to make these!!!
I forgot to take pictures of the aprons I made at Christmas, but luckily I got one of this one I made for Felicia
It is reversible
Here is what I made for Kimmie. It is a little activity book to take to church, no more lugging around tons of crayons and coloring books. Kimmie's was the first I made so it has a lot of flaws;)
the inside (this picture should be flipped, but I couldn't get it to) I forgot to take a picture of the back, but it is the same tangled fabric that lines the pockets.
This is the second one I made for Lizzy's birthday present.
I decided to add more pockets for colored pencils, so it's a little different than Kimmie's.
the back (the fabric was puckering a bit, but I figured out how to fix that one when I did #3)
This is the 3rd one I made, for David. I made his strap a little too thick, but I am too lazy to change it!
I decided to do crayons for him (I also couldn't rotate this pic, but you get the idea)
and I fixed the puckering so it lays flatter now
I have been having a blast sewing and doing crafts. Thanks to my great friends who stayed up late to teach me how to make these!!!
3 comments:
How cute! I love both the crafts you've shown. I need to work with sewing machine more. Those would make great gifts for all the kids our friends have around here! You'll have to post a tutorial on how you made them so I can steal your idea!!!
super cute crafts, Chrissy! I wish i was more crafty... maybe someday :)
I love them all! Thanks for sending us that stuff. We love it! I want to come out there and have you teach me how to do all this stuff. You're so good.
Post a Comment