
Kimmie is growing up so fast....too fast!!! Here are some of my favorite things she says:*Today she was pretend talking on the phone and she said her usual "hi, uh huh" and then out of no where she said "what ya doin?" It was so funny!!! She is picking up on so many things we say. I didn't realize how many times during the day I say "Kimmie, what ya doin?"
*When we go on walks she walks ahead of us saying "come on!" and waving her arm at us.
*Her newest is if you do something she will look at you and say "you funny" or sometimes she does something and says "I funny"
*She amazes us each and every day. She is changing so much. She is so afraid of bugs now and if she sees anything that even looks like it could be a bug she jumps into your arms screaming "get you, get you, get my toes!!" It is cute, but sad. She loves to kiss my belly and the other day she asked to see the baby, so I lifted my shirt to show my belly. She suddenly pointed to my stomach (and the beautiful stretch marks that have appeared) and screamed "get you!!" I politely explained that my stretch marks are not contagious and they are not going to get her:)
One more story & then I am done. Yesterday I put her in her high chair and when I was strapping her in I accidentally pinched her thigh in the snap (she only had a onesie on so her bare leg was exposed) She started crying & I picked her up telling her over and over I was so sorry. She only cried for a second, then she looked at me and said "I ok mommy" and then gave me a big kiss. It was so sweet! I just love that little girl so much. It is a strange feeling knowing my time alone with her is coming to an end, but I know she will be such a great big sister and I look forward to welcoming David into our family & making more memories with the two of them.
Here is the David update: Last week I had a growth ultrasound and they estimated he weighed 8 lbs 1 oz (I was 36 weeks along). Because on average babies grow 1/2 lb a week these last weeks, my midwife has decided we will induce me at 39 weeks, if he hasn't come on his own by then. I am still having contractions, but they normally go away if I rest. I feel huge & very uncomfortable, but I know he will come when the time is right. If I don't get induced then chances are he will be too big & I will have to have a c-section. So, we will most likely go with being induced. We will find out more Friday.
*When we go on walks she walks ahead of us saying "come on!" and waving her arm at us.
*Her newest is if you do something she will look at you and say "you funny" or sometimes she does something and says "I funny"
*She amazes us each and every day. She is changing so much. She is so afraid of bugs now and if she sees anything that even looks like it could be a bug she jumps into your arms screaming "get you, get you, get my toes!!" It is cute, but sad. She loves to kiss my belly and the other day she asked to see the baby, so I lifted my shirt to show my belly. She suddenly pointed to my stomach (and the beautiful stretch marks that have appeared) and screamed "get you!!" I politely explained that my stretch marks are not contagious and they are not going to get her:)
One more story & then I am done. Yesterday I put her in her high chair and when I was strapping her in I accidentally pinched her thigh in the snap (she only had a onesie on so her bare leg was exposed) She started crying & I picked her up telling her over and over I was so sorry. She only cried for a second, then she looked at me and said "I ok mommy" and then gave me a big kiss. It was so sweet! I just love that little girl so much. It is a strange feeling knowing my time alone with her is coming to an end, but I know she will be such a great big sister and I look forward to welcoming David into our family & making more memories with the two of them.
Here is the David update: Last week I had a growth ultrasound and they estimated he weighed 8 lbs 1 oz (I was 36 weeks along). Because on average babies grow 1/2 lb a week these last weeks, my midwife has decided we will induce me at 39 weeks, if he hasn't come on his own by then. I am still having contractions, but they normally go away if I rest. I feel huge & very uncomfortable, but I know he will come when the time is right. If I don't get induced then chances are he will be too big & I will have to have a c-section. So, we will most likely go with being induced. We will find out more Friday.
4 comments:
"GET YOU!" That is too funny! What a sweet little girl. Lizzy and I miss you both so much.
i love her and can't wait for david to come! and we can't wait for our visit
I can't believe how big she's getting to be! Fun to be able to hear all about her cute sayings! She will be a great big sister. WE are so excited and happy for the three of you!
Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry about the stetch mark but that story was hilarious!!
She's cute, that one needs to go in a book somewhere.
Post a Comment