Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Time to catch up

Here are some recent pictures to catch everyone up.....

Ok, so here is what has been happening with us lately........
Seth's brother, Christopher, went into the MTC today. He will be spending the next two years serving in the Richmond Virginia Mission. Good luck Christopher, we will miss you! Kimmie has been teething like crazy. It has caused fluid to build up in her ears. It has not turned into an ear infection but it makes her extremely uncomfortable and causes frequent night waking. She now weighs 20 lbs 13 oz and will turn 1 in 3 weeks! She loves "cruising" along furniture and anything else she can. She will be walking before we know it. Yesterday I took her for a walk and there was a man walking his dog ahead of us. She looked at him and said "DAG". Then she said it three more times! It was so cute! She is so smart. She says dada all the time and also says mama. A couple days ago when Seth walked in the room she pointed and said "dada". It is an amazing thing to watch her learn and grow each day. She is starting to understand who dada & mama are which is great. I guess the overall message I am trying to get across is our little Kimmie is great & amazing! Since this is our blog I reserve the right to brag about our little girl all I want:)
Spencer is doing really good. He no longer has any tubes in! They are just trying to get him to gain a little weight & he will be able to go home. I know Tina & Scott are anxious to settle in with him at home. Nicky is doing good in Utah. She is working 3 days a week and getting ready for school to start next month. Seth is all registered for classes at Portland State but they don't start until Sept. 29th so we have a while to enjoy having him around:) Oh yeah, and the best news today is I have finally reached my pre-pregnancy weight. Actually, I am 2 lbs lighter:) I put on my favorite pair of old jeans today and they fit great (a little snug in the hips but I expected that since my hips are a little wider now.) Now my goal is to lose a little more weight before we get pregnant again. I plan to workout through my next pregnancy & hopefully not gain 55 lbs like I did with Kimmie. Oh well, Kimmie was worth every pound!
I tired uploading a video of Kimmie picking blueberries, but it will not work for some reason. She LOVES picking berries from the bush on the side of the house. She is so independent, she has to do it herself!

3 comments:

Heather and Thomas Mann said...

Congrats on losing your weight. You can totally tell in the pics. Thanks for being such a great friend. You are the only one who picked up on the whole doctor thing. I will keep you posted. Love ya1

Flee said...

I have the internet again! And I love the updates. Keep 'em coming! miss you guys! I can't wait to see you in Aug! WOO HOO!

Jessica said...

Pre-pregnancy weight, what is that? Good job! Sorry we missed you guys again. Let us know when you are going to be in town again, we'll have to get together.