Thursday, February 21, 2008

Chrissy's 26th Birthday and a recording of Kimmie saying Mama

Well, it sure has been a fun week! Kimberly had her 6 month well child check and she is doing great! We changed doctors, again. We didn't really like our old doctor and this new doctor is GREAT!!! Her name is Hilary Knapp and she is so nice and made us feel so comfortable. She said Kimmie is doing great but we already knew that. Kimmie now weighs 15 lbs 8 oz and is 26 1/2 inches long. I can't believe how long she is, she is so tall! We have started her on infant cereal and she has so much fun eating it. Dr. Knapp says Kimmie is developing great for a 6 month old and can't believe she is a preemie. We are so grateful for Kimmie's good health and happy spirit. She is still teething, those dang teeth do not want to come through, so she gets a little fussy sometimes but other than that she is doing well.
The newest thing she loves doing is talking. She will lay there and talk like crazy. She also loves to growl, thanks to Uncle Scott. She will growl and attack her Zeebee or any other soft toy you put in her face. It is so cute, she grabs it with both hands, growls and shoves it in her mouth. While Kathy and Scott were watching her on Monday they recorded this.....listen for her little growl at the end too....
Now I know she can't associate the words she is saying with our faces yet but it is so cute to hear her talk. She loves to say dada too. It is fun to watch her learn new things, I'm so glad they caught it on tape. Thank you Oma and Uncle Scott!!
Yesterday, February 20th, was my birthday. I can't believe I am 26 already. I remember when I thought that was old;) The birthday week started with Seth and I going to a Portland Winterhawks hockey game. They lost but we had awesome seats, right on the glass next to the penalty box. It was a lot of fun! Yesterday Seth made me breakfast. We had whole grain pancakes and turkey sausage. I know, it sounds strange but it was so good! While I was getting ready for class Seth told me Kimmie did the cutest thing and he recorded it and wanted to show me. I was surprised to see that when the tape started it was my family in Michigan wishing me a Happy Birthday! Of course it made me cry. Seth got everyone to send birthday wishes to me and I was so surprised! He is so sneaky, what am I going to do with that boy?!? Seth made an appointment for me to get a massage after class. It was so nice, I have been getting really bad headaches and the masseuse worked a lot on my neck and back. It was the best! After the massage we spent some time at Seth's parents and then Kathy, Cyndy and Scott watched Kimmie while we went to dinner. After eating way too much at Outback we headed back to pick up Kimmie. When we got there they surprised me with a cake and sang Happy Birthday. We also had ice cream. Did you know they make girl scout cookie ice cream? I definitely recommend it! (thanks Scott!) I am so thankful for Seth's family. I really love them a lot and appreciate all they do for me! After cake and ice cream we headed home. As if Seth hadn't done enough for me all day he gave me a present when we got home. I can't believe how great he is! I am the luckiest! Sorry we don't have any pictures to post, we forgot out camera so the only pictures we took were on a disposable camera and it could be a while before we get those developed. My birthday was great and I am so excited to see what wonderful things 26 brings! Life has been good to me so far and I know it will only continue to get better!

2 comments:

JENNY said...

Happy Late Birthday! Sounds like you had an awesome b-day! Seth is a very thoughtful guy! You are lucky! Kimmie sounds so cute!

LAURA and ELIZA said...

I love when they start saying words! I was pretty shocked when I heard Eliza say her new words, but very proud at the same time! Looks like you guys are doing well! Happy Beleated Birthday! I'm so excited to see you guys this summer! Eliza will be thrilled to have a new friend!