Friday, August 4, 2017

My last girls camp:(

July 31-August 4, 2017

I spent many years working with the youth of our church, and I loved every second of it! Three years ago I was asked to serve as Stake Girls Camp Assistant Director. Let me tell you, I LOVED IT!!!! I'm not gonna lie, it was hard work. Many people are unaware of how much planning goes into camp. We spend all year working on making that one week a great spiritual experience, and a lot of fun for the girls. When we decided to move, we knew I had to finish out camp. I couldn't leave them to find someone else to replace me, and I really wanted the chance to finish this year with some of the girls. So, Seth moved our stuff, flew home and then I went to camp. I got home from camp on a Friday, and we packed up our Suburban and left for New York the Monday after. Camp was amazing, like always! It was an emotional one for me, knowing I wouldn't get to see these girls anymore. But, I am so grateful for the time I got to spend with them and also for the time I got to spend with the women planning camp. I met some INCREDIBLE women who I will forever love and respect. 
Our theme this year was "You're One In a Billion: Shine On" Everything was centered around a space/stars theme and it all came together great. It is always so fun to see all our planning actually work:) 
There is never a dull moment at camp, and this year was no different. From a fire started on the river, drunk people wandering into our camp, girl drama, and just so many other hilarious and amazing experiences. My time working with girls camp is one I miss every day and one that I will never, ever forget!!!

I knew it was gonna be a good week when I opened this pack of fruit snacks. It was all the good colors!!!

President Oyler talking to the girls

Bishop Tanuvasa talking to the girls in our ward

one of the crafts the girls did. Galaxy journals

You can't tell , but there is a fire on the little island
 Having too much fun when we called the firemen

 Yes, we did build a GIANT lightup YW torch for our spiritual walk

 And we also built a GIANT Shine On sign that we kept lit up outside the main lodge
 They assembled "Birthday Boxes" for families living in shelters
 I was super excited to have ax throwing be one of our activities
 Skit night

 last night at camp, watching the slide show
 Mary, Michelle, Stephanie and Eileen. Some of the greatest women I know!!!

 The girls


Our tshirt design


No comments: