Sometimes I sit and think, "our life is so boring!" But then I sit down to blog and as I go through all our pictures, I realize we do A LOT of fun stuff!! We love to go out and explore the world around us. We love road trips, discovering new places and just spending time together as a family. I hope our kids will always have the desire to explore the beautiful world around them.
Nothing slowed down for us in April.
Watching General Conference in a fort.
playing between sessions
snacking on her favorite granola
Cyndy and I had to go try the blooming onion, cheese fry, steak creation at Outback. It has a real name, but I don't remember it :)
In between sessions we went for a family walk. Kate and Joshua were racing, and Joshua may have given Kate a little nudge to try to win, and she fell straight on her head. She cut it open pretty good, but handled it like a champ. Daddy carried her home and Joshua cried, a lot, because he felt to bad.
Kate wrote her name for the first time!!!
We love when Sutton, Tennessee and Maverick come over. They were so excited to get the big kids off the bus. Always fun times with these sweet friends!!!
I started cleaning out the garage, prepping for our big move....did I mention we are moving to New York in August??? I was going through my "keep forever" baby bins. It's hard to believe they were ever this small!
A picture of a picture
Headed to school on the super windy day. This was the start of the big storm we got.
Ok, let me tell you about this crazy experience. My friend Shanan was out of town, and they were getting ready to put their townhouse on the market, and they did not order enough carpet. Since I have a huge car, I volunteered to pick it up and take it to the townhouse so it was there when the guy came to install it. No big deal, all I had to do was slide it into the garage, easy peasy.....
Except this was they day of the freakish rain/wind storm and all the power was knocked out. So, I got to the townhouse, but no power meant the garage door wouldn't open. So, I carried it up myself through the front door. In a huge, windy, rain storm. But, the entrance is a crazy angle and I couldn't get it in...
So there I was, stuck in the doorway, climbing in and out trying to adjust it, all while taking my shoes on and off so I didn't get the existing carpet that had already been laid dirty with my storm covered shoes. It must have been quite the sight to see. I was eventually able to stand on the middle of it, bend it in half, slide it folded inside and then unbend it and slide it up the stairs. It was an adventure for sure:)
driving home from the carpet fiasco
April 7-10:headed to Utah for my Mom's 60th Birthday celebration
Aunt Stephanie was dog sitting and David loved her!
Visiting Granny
We went for a walk
We went to a book store and Joshua sat an read to Granny
goodbye hugs
They sang a song for her, "The Miracle"
Dinner at Chili's for Grandma's birthday
fun with cousins
Grandma's present
each leaf is a grand-kids fingerprint
The kids had a sleepover at the Dillenbeck's
It snowed, in April!
family pictures in Utah
More fun with cousins
the snow was already gone
With the Thayne's. My how our families have grown over the years!
late night flight home
showing off her shirt from Aunt Nicky's trip to NY
Sometimes I like to work on cars. There was a sensor that needed replaced, so I watched a youtube video and did it myself
Seth brought me some Faygo, yum!!!
YW Camp Kick-off 2017
I bought an instant pot and we went a little crazy making stuff
hard boiled eggs
applesauce
beans
meal prep
Kate and Daddy dancing around the living room
being silly at church with Kimmie
a few of the boys from our ward play rugby, so we always tried to go to any games we could.
instant pot fail, pizza
Easter 2017
Grandma got them the Harry Potter DVD set
Joshua loves to wear hats. Because of his busted ear drum, he had to have a hearing test done. He passed:)
inside the booth during testing. You put a banana in the monkey's mouth every time you hear the beep. HE loves that one!
instant pot mashed potatoes
David and Joshua started soccer
I made homemade chewy granola bars....yum yum!!
on our way to swim lessons on a rainy day
I found this chair and table at Goodwill and I knew it was perfect for Cyndy's entry. So I refinished them...
We spent a lot of time at soccer during April, but it was worth every second to watch the boys play. David loved being goalie, he was the only kid who actually asked to play that position.
Joshua loved soccer and he was naturally great at it.
Kimmie was selected to go to the 33rd Annual Writing Festival. It was a huge honor and we are so proud of her. To celebrate we had a book themed dinner.
Kimmie wanted to give her friend Sebi a Book of Mormon. She left me this note to put in it:)I love that she is not afraid to share her testimony.
I was in charge of putting together a gift for the teachers. I made these movie boxes with a free redbox rental code.
Seth's Aunt Stephanie was in Cabo and at the last minute invited Cyndy and I to join her for a few days. So, we bought tickets and flew out a couple days later. I had points on Southwest, so my flight was less than $100 (I don't remember exactly how much it was since I'm writing this 6 months later, opps!!!)
view from our room
All we did was lay by the beach, eat delicious food and have a blast together. It was exactly what I needed...minus the sunburn. We were only there 2 days, so we didn't put and sunscreen on, big mistakey!!!
Dinner our first night was amazing. The tide was literally coming up so close they dug trenches around the tables to stop it.
the start of my sunburn not even 24 hours in
yes that is me, slathered in yogurt when I got home. The sunburn was terrrible. I did this multiple times and it helped a lot. It took a long time for that one to heal. Not smart, not smart at all!!!
showing off the necklaces I got the girls in Cabo
More from our family pictures in Utah






















































































































































































































No comments:
Post a Comment