I am terrible at keeping up with this blog. I post most of my pictures of Instagram/Facebook, but my goal for 2016 is to use this blog as more of a journal for our family. I know I won't be good at posting regularly, so my goal is to post monthly updates.
I have to be honest, I was happy to see 2015 go. December was a month filled with expensive car problems (we had to put in a new engine in our "nice" car, the Traverse) I still get angry thinking about that! Then we had been waiting for months for Seth's boss to leave so he could take his position, and in December it finally happened. Seth took over his position while they were interviewing, but we were under the impression it was his. Unfortunately, for reasons we don't understand, they decided to give the position to a girl from a store in Texas. We were blindsided and unsure of what the next step was. Without this promotion he would have to continue working weekends and his schedule would change weekly.
I was angry and stressed, but this actually ended up being such a big blessing for us. That job was not where Seth wanted to be, and not getting the promotion forced him to look for a new job. I am happy to say he is starting a new job in just a few days!! It's salary, Monday-Friday and the best part is it's just down the street from us, so I can still have lunch with him every day:) I know, I'm spoiled! It's not the exact career he wants, but it's a step in the right direction.
Other than our crazy, stressful December, 2015 was a great year for our little family. We spent a lot of time together, went camping, saw new places, went on a great family vacation, celebrated Kimmie's baptism, lots of birthdays, welcomed a new niece, started the kids in sports again and just really enjoyed time together!
![]() |
| Christmas Eve 2015 |
![]() |
| Christmas morning |
![]() |
| Headed to church |




No comments:
Post a Comment