Well, last Thursday I went into the hospital having contractions that were 2 minutes apart. This is a BAD thing because I was only 24 weeks along. While in the hospital they ran an FFN test, which came back positive. What that means it that my chances of having a preterm baby are increased. So, they got my contractions under control, monitored me and baby for a while and sent us home to bedrest.
Friday I had an ultrasound and the baby looks great and I was feeling great so they said to be careful and we just had to wait and see. Well, Saturday I was having so much back pain I could barely walk and could not stand up all the way, by Saturday night it was getting better and by Sunday it was almost gone. Then, Monday morning it started again, but this time worse. After many phone calls back and forth with my midwife, a visit to my amazing friend who's a chiropractor, and another trip to the hospital it has been decided that they can't really figure out exactly what is wrong. Basically, they said that my muscles and joints are very loose perparing for baby and after the problems with contractions and bedrest, my joints shifted making it difficult and very painful to move. It is what's called Pelvic Separation and trust me it's very painful! Plus this baby boy is super heavy, causing more weight and pressure on my body.
So, I have been seeing a chiropractor and tomorrow I am going to see an acupuncturist. I am still on bed rest, but only because I cannot walk well. It takes all the energy I have just to walk to the bathroom, so I have no choice but to stay in bed. I am slowly getting better and hopefully will be feeling back to my normal self by next week. I will have to be careful and rest my body a lot. The contractions were really a warning to me to take it easy. This baby boy needs lots more time to cook and I plan to do all I can to help him stay.
But don't worry, baby is doing fine and aside from walking like a 90 year old woman, I am doing fine too! I am not out of the clear yet, because of that positive FFN test they are keeping a close eye on the baby, but so far he seems to be doing well and the contractions have slowed to only 1 or 2 a day, so that is good.
2 comments:
That sounds painful! I am glad the contractions have stopped and that you two are doing well. We will still be praying for you!
I know I'm awesome and he can't wait to meet me, but really, tell him it's okay to wait. Patience is a virtue, I hear!
Post a Comment