Friday, November 30, 2007

Will the thrush ever end????

Well, Kimmie has been battling thrush for almost 2 months now. First the doctor gave us medicine to give her after every feeding for two weeks and I had to do a topical treatment on myself to ensure we didn't just pass it back and forth to each other. Well, it went away for a couple days and then came back. So, we did round two of the medicine.....same thing happened. So, now the next treatment we are doing is called gentian violet. It is an antifungal agent that we put on a q-tip and rub in her mouth before her morning and evening feedings. We have to do this for 4 days. It seems to be working so far but the funny thing about this treatment is it dyes everything purple!!!! So, for the next couple days Kimmie will have a purple mouth and sometimes her hands get a little on them if she puts them in her mouth. Kimmie doesn't seem to be bothered by the thrush. But, I also have an infection in my milk ducts, caused by yeast, so I am also being treated with oral medicine. Thrush is a tricky thing, no matter what we did it seems like Kimmie and I just kept passing it back and forth...at least we are good at sharing:) Here are two pictures of Kimmie after I gave her the gentian violet. Isn't she cute?!?!?
We finally bought our plan tickets for our trip back to Michigan for Christmas. We are going from December 15-28th. It should be fun, I know my family is so excited to spend time with Kimmie ~they could care less about me and Seth:) Now we have to go out and buy winter jackets since it's going to be FREEZING in Michigan! Well, that's about it for now. I promise the video of Kimmie talking is coming soon.

3 comments:

lisa said...

that looks like seth after a slurpee

Noah and Amanda said...

she looks so cute!

Flee said...

I just want to squish her!!