Monday, July 30, 2007

Our Family Vacation

Our vacation started on Thursday with lunch at Benihana's, Japanese food, and then we went to an arcade place and played a bunch of fun games. I am sad to say I lost to Seth in air hockey, but there will be a rematch!!! Friday we drove to Seattle. I was so excited because this was my first trip to Seattle! We stayed in a hotel in downtown Seattle. First we went to Ikea. Seth, Scott and Nathan decided they didn't want to walk around Ikea so they went to visit Jimmy Hendrix's grave. After a couple hours of shopping, and I only spent $15:) we checked into our hotel and headed to the space needle and a music museum (I forgot the name). They had a really nice Disney display there so that was fun. Then we walked by the space needle and took the little train to a local mall where we had dinner at Johnny Rockets. Then it was back to the hotel. I was super tired after all the walking we did so Cyndy and I soaked our feet in the hot tub while the boys went swimming. Saturday morning we went to a 7-Eleven they turned into a Kwik-E-Mart from the Simpsons. There are only 8 like it so it was fun. I got a coke squishee. Then we headed to Pikes Place. Now that was interesting....so many little stands with random stuff for sale. I was excited to see them throw the fish! We walked around there for a while and then went to visit Cyndy's old roommate who now lives in Seattle. While they were visiting Seth, me, Scott, Nathan and Christopher walked to Bruce and Brandon Lee's grave. After that we headed home and along the way stopped at a little store, which I also don't remember the name of, and bought some really good candy! Then it was back home where we had Yen's Chinese for dinner and then it was bed time. Sunday we went to church and just relaxed. We had Sunday dinner together and then went home to bed. Today, Monday, Mom (Kathy) made omelet's for breakfast and then we went to a Japanese store in Beaverton. They bought some stuff that I won't eat, like Kim Chi and seaweed and dried squid....GROSS!! But, I did have yellow watermelon for the first time and surprisingly it tastes like regular watermelon! I also bought a peanut butter cookie and it was really good! Then we went to Pittok Mansion and took a tour there. It is a beautiful old house with an amazing view. Then we went to downtown Portland to Powell's books, this HUGE book store. I bought a few new books for Kimmie. Then we had lunch at Rocco's Pizza which sells huge new york style slices. Then it was off to EM, a music and movie store. Mom bought us, or should I say Kimmie, Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast and Groundhog Day (ok, that one is for us). Then it was back home where we are making dinner together. Tonight's theme is Mexican night.
Well, that is basically it about our vacation. It was really nice and I enjoyed seeing all the sights I've never seen. It was a lot of walking and I am pretty tired but I survived:)
I just passed my 32 week mark and the end is near. I feel myself getting bigger each day. It is getting more difficult to get around but luckily Seth helps me so much. Our apartment is all set up and the nursery is done too. It looks so cute. We were lucky enough to get a crib mattress and bedding set from someone in Seth's parents ward and I love it! I will post pictures of that later. Here are all the pictures from our trip, enjoy!

1 comment:

Flee said...

HI cute prego friend!!! I love thepics! It looks like you guys are loving it out there. Miss you!