So, my first mother's day was great! Seth made me breakfast in bed (waffles and a big glass of milk). Then he packed a lunch for us and we drove up to Park City. We spent a couple hours walking around and then we headed back home. It was a beautiful day so the drive through the canyon was gorgeous. When we got home Seth made my favorite dinner, pot roast, mashed potatoes, gravy and homemade rolls. It was delicious...maybe too delicious because I ate so much I thought my stomach was going to explode. Seth also had stuff to make brownies with ice cream and caramel topping for dessert, but I was just too full so we are going to do that sometime this week. After dinner we went to Seth's work and watched the Red Wings game. Gandolfo's is not open on Sundays so we had the entire place to ourselves. Sadly, the wings lost in overtime, but it was a good game. We didn't get home until late and so we went to bed. As we were laying there I was thinking about how strange it was that Seth didn't get me a present for Mother's Day. It's just not like him, he normally has things planned far in advance. Earlier, when he brought me my breakfast, he wrote me a beautiful letter and explained that he was not able to get me a present. I understood, since money is kind of tight with me not working. But, right around 11:30 p.m. I brought it up to him. I explained that I wasn't mad that he didn't buy me anything, but I just wanted to know what happened. I know, it makes me seem like such a brat and I feel terrible about that. Right then he handed me a paper with a map on it. It was a map of our apartment and where I needed to look for my present. Man, did I feel like a brat! After following the map I was led to a letter and two tickets to the Faith Hill & Tim McGraw concert!!! I started crying, of course! I was really excited because I really wanted to go to the concert, but I felt like such a brat for bringing up him not buying me a present. He made me wait all day, but it was worth it:) He said he made me wait so that it would be more of a surprise and it sure was!!!!! Seth is so great and I love him so much. I know he doesn't even like country music, but he is willing to sit through one night of all country just to make me smile. I am so lucky! My first mother's day was great! I will never forget it!

Us at Gandolfo's watching the game
Other than that we are still keeping busy with school. I am so excited for this summer term to be over. We are moving in less than 6 weeks, I can't believe it! Well, I have to study for two tests tomorrow so I should go. I hope everyone has a great week!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment