Thursday, November 2, 2017

David's Baptism

On Saturday, July 1 David was baptized, along with his best friend, Beckham Gardiner. The Gardiner's moved out of our ward, but choose to have Beckham baptized with David on this day. All of my family came to town for the baptism. Unfortunately the out of state Davenport's weren't able to make it, but we totally understand. 
Everything about the day was perfect. The baptism was so beautiful. Garrett Sackley gave a great talk on the Holy Ghost. The stake picks the speakers, so I had no idea who was talking, but when I saw his name I was so excited. He is one of my favorite youth at church. He is very similar to Seth, a crazy sense of humor but a heart of gold. He gave a great talk and I had him send me the poem that he read. 
After the baptism we had pizza at our house and the kids had a blast playing.  
Looking like a future missionary in his new suit and Daddy's old mission nametag
 Looking sharp












 This is the poem Garrett read






 Brother Ed and Sister Karen have been Sunbeam teachers for all 4 of our kids. We sure to love them!!!


We are so happy we got to celebrate with day with family and friends. We are so proud of David and the decision he made to be baptized. He is such a great example to all of us and we are so grateful he is in our family!!!

No comments: