Saturday, April 5, 2014

Lord Stanley

Saturday morning Seth found out the Stanley Cup was in town. I have always wanted to see it, so we packed up the kids and headed downtown. I have to admit, it took some convincing to get me to go. I knew the line would be long & the thought of waiting with 4 kids stressed me out. But Seth, being the amazing man he is, asked me "would you go if we didn't have to take the kids?" I said I would without a doubt. Then he said, "we can't let having 4 kids stop us from doing the things we want to do" That really hit me hard, there was no reason we shouldn't go. My kids are very well behaved...most of the time :-) Plus what a great chance for the kids to see it too. When we arrived at the museum, the line was long, 30-40 minute wait. We were buying our tickets when a security guard approached me & said, "as soon as he finishes buying your tickets, come with me & I'll take you straight in the back way so you don't have to wait in line" What a blessing! So we went with him to the elevator straight up to the room where the cup was. It was so fun to see it in person. I didn't touch it, but loved seeing it up close. I am so glad I listened to Seth, he's the best. One more thing I can cross off my bucket list :-)

No comments: