Sunday, January 22, 2012

2011...2012

Well, I have been terrible at blogging lately, but I am finally going to catch everyone up on what has been going on with us.
For the first time in our marriage, we are officially homework free! That's right, I (Chrissy) finally graduated on December 10, 2011 with my Bachelors degree from Portland State University (exactly one year after Seth). It feels so nice to have my spare time back...well, as much spare time that a mother of three can have!
We spent Christmas at home and it was so great to watch the kids get so excited about presents, but my favorite thing was hearing Kimmie tell us the story of Jesus being born. She would sit down with her scriptures and pretend to read along as she told us all about it. She even knew the three gifts the wise men brought...I don't think I knew that until last year so she is already ahead of me when it comes to the scriptures:) Seth's brother, Nathan, was also able to come home before heading back to BYU-Hawaii. The kids loved having him around. It was nice to have the whole Davenport family together for the holidays.
On December 31st we flew to Utah to spend time with my family. We ate way too much food, stayed up way too late, and had a ton of fun. The kids loved playing with their cousins and friends. We spent one day down in Orem driving by our old apartment and reminiscing about the first year of our marriage. So much has changed since then, it was nice to go back and revisit those memories.
After spending 6 days in Utah we had to say goodbye to our family and friends and head back home. It was nice to get back to our usual schedule, but I really miss everyone...a lot!
2011 was a year full of many blessings (sweet baby Joshua) and many trials. I am very excited for 2012 and I know it is going to bring amazing things for me and my family.
Here are a few things 2012 will bring:
trips to the zoo
family games on our new xbox (thank you Grandma Bev!)
date nights
Chrissy's 30th birthday
walks to the park
David's 3rd birthday
family movie night with lots of popcorn
Joshua's 1st birthday
watching Kimmie and David sing and dance around the living room
running a half-marathon (Chrissy)
Kimmie's 5th birthday
kissing baby Joshua's chubby cheeks
working out
Kimmie starting kindergarten...although I don't think I am ready for that one!!!
Seth's 30th birthday
fun crafts with Aunt Cyndy (she always finds fun stuff to do on pintrest)
lots of snuggling with the kids
spending time with family and friends!

**pictures will come in the next post, I promise! Right now Kimmie wants me to come snuggle with her and I can't refuse that:)**

No comments: