Ok, at first that post title reminded me of the Zack Attack song from Saved By the Bell, does anyone else remember when Zack formed a band???
Anyway, what this post is really about is my amazing friend Felicia came to visit a couple weeks ago. Here is how it all happened...
Seth had a free round trip flight from Southwest that needed to be used. I have been kind of down lately missing my family and really missing Felicia. It had been about 3 1/2 years since we had seen each other. She lives in D.C now, so that makes it even more difficult to visit. My husband, who happens to be the GREATEST husband in the world, decided that we could use his free flight to fly Felicia out here to visit. Felicia's husband, Dave (who happens to be the second greatest husband in the world) took time off work so he could stay home with their kids. So we did it, we booked her flight and the excitement began.
I seriously can't even tell you how excited I was to see her. Anyone who knows Felicia knows she is the funniest girl and is so nice. And anyone who knows Felicia and I together knows it equals mayhem!!!
The second I picked her up from the airport it was like we had spent every day of the last 4 years together. We were laughing and talking and catching up. That night we went downtown and went to the 12:30am showing of Breaking Dawn with Cyndy and some friends. We had the entire theater to ourselves, so the 6 of us just laughed and pretty much made fun of the movie to whole time. In case you are wondering, yes, we did plan her visit to also coincide with the release of Breaking Dawn so we could watch it together:)
I spent the rest of the weekend trying to show her all the amazing places in Oregon. I even managed to take her on a little "Twilight Tour" of places where they filmed the movies.
It was an amazing 5 days of yummy food, watching Vampire Diaries, sightseeing, a lot more yummy food, and laughing until we cried..."I'll have the tender juicy steak please!"
It was so hard to say goodbye to her, I cried the entire way home from the airport. I miss her like crazy and I wish we lived closer. I am so grateful for the amazing friendship that we have. It is crazy to think I met her almost 10 years ago, and we only knew each other for a few short months before I moved back to Michigan, but when I left we stayed really close and our friendship has continued to grow despite the many miles that always separate us. She is more than a friend, she is like a sister to me (and it helps that she lived with my sisters for a while too, and my whole family loves her!) I am so glad I have been blessed with a friend as amazing as her!
And thank you to Seth for taking care of everything while she was here. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful, supportive husband. I love you Sethy!!!!!
And also thank you to Dave for holding the fort down while she was gone., you are great...GO WINGS:)
Here are just a few highlights from her visit:
Visiting the falls
Multnomah Falls
The beautiful view
This is how we spent every night..laying in bed, eating, and watching Vampire Diaries:)
Voodoo doughnuts
1 comment:
It would be hard to be away for family and friends! I am glad you were able to have Felicia come out for a visit! You two are so fun together!
Post a Comment