Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Keeping Busy

Wow, things sure have been busy lately. As I mentioned in an earlier post, Seth's Dad went into the hospital on August 19th for surgery. He had some complications from the initial surgery and had to undergo 5 (I think it was 5, could be 6, I started to lose count) more surgeries over the last 7 weeks. Well, we are happy to announce that last Friday he was discharged from OHSU and is now at a rehab facility for the next 2 weeks. Then after that we are hoping he will be able to come home. He has lost a lot of weight and has been through a lot, but he really seems to be doing well and it seems like this last surgery was successful. I haven't been blogging about this much, but I really felt like I needed to express my gratitude for the many, many prayers that were said for Kevin & our family. It has been a very busy time for us, but I have felt so much peace because of all the prayers and help from those around us, so thank you!
School also started again for Seth & I. Seth will be graduating December 7th, YAY!!! Between work, school, Kevin & the kids things have been a little crazy around here. But, it seems like things are finally starting to settle down a bit. I don't know what happened to summer, it went by so fast, but I am so glad Fall is here, it's my favorite time of year! If you haven't experienced Fall in Portland I suggest you plan a trip to visit us, it's beautiful!
The kids are doing great and growing like crazy!!! David is 16 months old and a little wild man! He loves to climb on everything and is always running around. He also gives the best hugs and kisses, it's too cute! Kimmie is so excited for Halloween, she can't stop talking about it. She is going to be Minnie Mouse and Aunt Nicky even sent her a cute homemade Minnie skirt. We got it in the mail yesterday and Kimmie hasn't taken it off since, she even slept in it!
We hope everyone is doing great and I promise to try to update more often!
Isn't he so handsome?!?! That shirt was Seth's, I love it on David, he looks so grown up!
a nice candid shot of Kimmie:)
posing with her Minnie skirt on, she LOVES it!

2 comments:

Heather and Thomas Mann said...

I am glad to hear your fil is doing better! your kids are so grown up... and getting more and more adorable!

Flee said...

I hope he gets to come home soon. That's so much to go through. I love your kids! They are adorable! I miss you lots and will call you tonight when the kids are in bed. :)