Warning, if words like uterus or breastfeeding make you nervous I suggest you stop reading.....
This has been a busy week for us. Since Kimmie was born early she wasn't ready to breastfeed and neither was I. But, I am happy to say that it is going well. She is mainly breastfed now, with an occasional bottle during the night. She eats well during the day but for some reason during the night she doesn't want anything but a bottle. Does anyone have any suggestions??? The good thing, but it sometimes makes me nervous, is she sleeps at least 3-5 hours at a time. She doesn't even want to wake up to eat most of the time. She has another doctors appointment tomorrow so as long as she is gaining weight I guess it's ok. I didn't really like her old pediatrician so I scheduled her to see a new one. I heard he is great so hopefully it goes well.
On Labor Day I woke up feeling really sick, kind of like I was getting the flu. We were supposed to go to Seth's parents for a BBQ but I was so sick Seth & Kimmie went alone. I started to feel better and then on Friday morning I started getting really bad stomach pains. I have been having them a lot, but since I just had a baby I figured it was normal. Well, Friday it got worse and I started bleeding a lot more. So, I called the doctor and they told me it was normal and to rest and call if it got worse. So, I took a nap and when I woke up I couldn't even breathe without it hurting. My stomach felt swollen and it hurt to touch it, walk or do anything. I called the doctor again and they told me to come in right away. Well, it turns out my uterus is infected!! They are not sure how it happened, but the doctor says that is what caused me to go into labor early. I figure that, along with the urinary tract infection I also got while pregnant, caused Kimmie to come early. Add that to how big Kimmie was and she just needed to come. I am glad to know why she came. The doctor gave me some hard core antibiotics and I am feeling much better. The bleeding has almost stopped and I can walk and breathe without pain:) So, it has been a crazy week. Seth has really helped a lot and I don't know what I would do without him! He is such a great husband and a wonderful dad!!!!
Kimmie has grown so much. She is starting to stay awake more during the day and sometimes at night. She is more alert and her face is changing so much. She looks so much more grown up! She is almost a month old, I can't believe it! I'll post some pictures of her soon.
Seth is still not working but it has been such a blessing having him home. With Kimmie coming early, then me getting sick there is no way I could have done it without him. He is applying for a couple of jobs this week so we'll see what happens. It's strange to say but I am still not in that big of a hurry for him to go back to working.
Well, that's pretty much our week in a nutshell. Hope everyone else had a fabulous week!!!!
2 comments:
OH my gosh Chrissy. I am so glad you are ok and they finally figured out what was going on. Thank god. I love looking at pictures of Kimmie and am excited for more to arrive. Thanks for popping in at ours, you know we started ours because of yours. Anyhow, you shouldn't remind me that what I am applying to do gives me and others nightmares. It will pay the bills. (I just keep trying to tell myself that). Again glad everyone is doing great!!
I can't wait to see you guys!! I really want to go out there. Who knows, maybe someday...anyways, glad to hear that all is getting better and is great ith you guys! Miss you!
Post a Comment