Thursday, September 13, 2007

Kimmie update

Well, Kimberly's doctors appointment went great. She now weighs 8 lbs 10.5 ounces. He wants to see her again in a week just to make sure she is still gaining weight. If she is then we don't have to go back until her 2 month well check. Kimmie is 4 weeks old today, CRAZY!!! She is getting much better at eating. She normally wants to eat every 4 hours. Last night she slept great until her 5 am feeding. Then she didn't want to go back to sleep until 8 am. It was a little rough but I can't complain, she is a really great baby. Although she was up she wasn't crying or anything, she just wanted to be held.
Seth and I went to a meeting at Portland Community College today about their nursing program. Seth is thinking about going into nursing so we went to check it out. He's still not sure if that is what he wants to do so instead of applying to the nursing program right away he is looking into becoming a CNA, working in that field for a little bit and seeing how he likes it. If he likes it then he will continue onto nursing school. The CNA program is only 6 weeks long so he would be able to start working soon. Plus, it's better that he try this in case he doesn't like it, then we are only out 6 weeks of school instead of over 2 years. We'll see what happens. It's pretty exciting, he is getting really close to figuring out what he wants to do. I am so proud of him. It is not easy picking a career. He is doing great and I know he will succeed at any career he chooses!
I am feeling much better! A little tired but Seth and I have a pretty good system set up. When Kimmie wakes up for feeding Seth changes her while I sleep and then he brings her to me and I feed her while he sleeps. If she is being fussy we take turns. He helps me so much. I am the luckiest girl ever!!! Well, Cyndy is watching Kimmie right now (so we could go to that meeting at school) and I miss Kimmie so much so it's time to end this and go home!!!!

P.S. We went to dinner with Seth's family last night at Old Spaghetti Factory. We had never been there before and probably won't ever go again. The service could have been better, but mostly because the food was not that good. It was fun being out with the fam but not my favorite restaurant.

3 comments:

Noah and Amanda said...

I am so happy that Kimmie is okay and healthy:) she is gorgeous

Flee said...

Happy 1 month to Kimmie! I just got so home sick for you when I read your blog...also, I want to see more pics of Kimmie! Please?

Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Congrats. Hopefully the job will be fun. In time, you will be ready to work, it seems to soon, enjoy your baby...she will grow up too fast. You have no idea how happy I am to continue to hear both you and the baby are progressively getting better. I was just telling my sister how they finally found out about your infection. AGAIN...thank god! I love that you are so happy with your husband and your little girl and your life. You are very lucky. Life has really come full circle.