Saying goodbye to Oregon is probably the hardest thing I've ever had to do. Although I didn't grow up there, Oregon became my home. It is where I became a wife, it is where I became a mother, and it is really where I became who I am today. I love everything about Oregon. I know there were a lot of people we didn't get pictures with, or even get to say goodbye too. Sorry!!!!
We have been friends with the Gardiner's since Kimmie and Blayke were about 18 months old. All of our kids got along great with all of their kids. It was hard to say goodbye to our friends, but the hardest part was watching our kids say goodbye to their dearest friends. There were many tears shed. We will always cherish the friendships we have there and can't wait for people to come visit us here in NY!!!
David, Beckham, Joshua, Kimmie, Blayke, Bailey and Kate
me and Shanan
I found this cute picture of Blayke and Kimmie from 2013 and had to share it.
snuggled up with Daddy watching a show after a long day of goodbye's
Oh man, Brother Ed and Sister Karen. If we could have taken them with us, we would have! They are taught each of our kids in Sunbeams (3 years old) at church and became very near and dear to our hearts. There are very few people like them in this world. They never had children of their own, but they sure do love our children, and all children, as if they were their own. Our kids still talk about them all the time!!!
Saying goodbye to Angela Mitchell. She was a dear friend and someone I could always count on to go out to eat with me. Although I miss her, it's probably better for my waistline that we don't live close to each other!
Kate and Will Verdine
Here's a picture of Seth dressed as a unicorn, just to lighten the mood :)
All our bags are packed, we're ready to go...
the was HANDS DOWN THE HARDEST GOODBYE!!!
One last climb on the street sign in front of the house
All my sad feelings melted away when I opened this pack of fruit snacks in the car as we pulled away from the house. I sent Cyndy a picture telling her not to worry, according to this bag of fruit snacks, everything was going to be ok:)































No comments:
Post a Comment