Can I just start by saying I have the BEST husband EVER!!!! He is always doing such sweet things for me, but lately between work, kids and life in general, he hadn't done anything really big in a while. But that all changed...it was Friday, August 2nd. I was hanging out in the backyard with Kathy and Kevin while the kids played. Seth was at work and supposed to be off at 5. It was close to 5:00 and Kathy asked the kids if they wanted to go get the mail, which they do all the time with her. They went with her and I stayed in the backyard chatting with Kevin. I noticed they seemed to be taking longer than usual, but figured they were taking their time, exploring all the way to the mailbox. Kathy returned a few minutes later, but with no kids. Instead she handed me an envelope. Inside was a piece of paper that read:
"I have kidnapped your husband and your kids! To find them you must follow the clues. If you need help you can call one person. I am watching you. If the note is not there you can text your husband. Wait for further instructions."
I knew right away what was going on, Seth was sending me on a scavenger hunt! He had done it once when we were first married and it is one of my favorite memories. So, I got ready and waited for further instructions. Eventually Kathy returned with another envelope for me. Clue #2:
"There is a legend where this clue is. Where a legion of squirrels fought for 121 walnuts. Where this battle took place makes vehicles stop before moving on."
I knew right away where I was supposed to go, so I hopped in the car and headed off to the intersection 121st Street and Walnut. There is a traffic light there, and I walked all around looking for the clue but could not find it. I called Cyndy for help, but she didn't answer. So, I called Seth and he gave me a clue. I found it taped to the crosswalk sign. I had to jump to reach it, I bet people passing by were so confused!
![]() |
| If you look carefully, you can see the remains of part of the envelope that was taped up there. |
Clue #3 read:
"At your next poing, to get the clue, you must act like a flightless bird for everyone to view. You may think a kiwi, but this is not true. They will just be judging you."
I headed to our friends, the Murray's house. I knew it was them because Nay is from New Zealand, hence the "kiwi" part of the clue. Sure enough, they had my clue but they were not going to make it easy for me to get. I had to act like a flightless bird, and Seth had asked for video to prove I did it. I had no idea what to do, but I ended up clucking like a chicken.
After having a good laugh they gave me my next clue, #4:
"Fat Albert went on Jenny Craig, so he wasn't fat. He had a song, but that's not true because homie G was not in the song. He still would get a drink."
Ok, this one had us all really confused. I asked the Murray's for help, the only thing we could figure out was possibly Ablertson's and something to do with a drink. After calling Cyndy and finally reaching her, she told me I was on the right track headed to Albertson's. The last time he sent me on a scavenger hunt, one of the clues was on top of a vending machine outside K-Mart, so I knew exactly where to look when I got ther. I looked everywhere and couldn't find it. I was definitely there the longest of any of the clues. I looked outside the store, I looked inside the store and outside again. I called Seth and he tried to help me a little, but I still couldn't find it. It was busy and there were so many people around, and here I was searching in corners, reaching on top of vending machines, looking like a crazy pregnant lady. I ran into our friend, Cathy, and she tried to help me. Eventually Seth told me it was on top of the water machine, somewhere I had already looked multiple times. So, I decided to climb up it and sure enough, it had slid to the back where I could barely reach it.
![]() |
| lots of people around to witness |
![]() |
| I had to put my foot inside the silver part where you fill your water and pull myself up to reach the top. I wish I had a picture of that!!! |
Finally, I had clue #5:
"To find this clue you don't go up you must go down. But if you don't' be careful you'll go too fast but you'll have to pick which way down, twist, side, straight or rough. Just make sure you don't take any kids with you."
From Albertson's I headed to a park that we sometimes take the kids to. It has a lot of different slides, so I checked under each one and found the next clue under the twist slide.
Clue #6:
"Once was old is now new. To get to this location you don't spring into a river. You don't fall into the ocean"
I knew right away my next destination was Summerlake Park. They had just put in a brand new play structure, hence the once was old is now new. When I arrived there this was waiting for me...
My sweet family with pizza and treats...which the kids already started eating because I took so long finding my clue at Albertson's :)
We had an awesome picnic, then headed to get frozen yogurt for desert.
It was such an amazing night, one I will never forget. The kids had a blast tricking me, and Seth is so amazing for doing something so sweet just for me. He put so much time, thought and effort into making me feel special. I really am the luckiest girl in the world!!!











No comments:
Post a Comment