On February 20th I turned 30! I am not going to lie, I was a little anxious about this birthday, but I spent the day being spoiled by my amazing husband and children. The day started with breakfast in bed, then I went to the gym, then we took the kids and went to Joann Fabrics to pick out the fabric I wanted. Seth and the kids made me a Michigan fleece blanket. It is HUGE and I sleep with it every night. After Joann's, which by the way was super packed and I know how much Seth HATES that store, so it meant a lot to me that he went, we went and got Chinese for lunch. Then it was back home for nap time. After naps we took the kids bowling. This was their first time and they had so much fun. Seth and I didn't bowl, we just sat and enjoyed watching them have fun. After bowling we picked up Scott and headed downtown to meet Cyndy for dinner. We arrived at the Grilled Cheese Grille, only to discover they are closed on Mondays! So, we went to the Stepping Stone Cafe and got Mancakes instead.
By the time we got home it was time for the kiddos to go to bed. So, we tucked them in and then Seth and I headed out for some alone time. There was a diaper bag I had my eye on for a while (you know your a Mom when you want a diaper bag for your birthday!) so we headed to the store to buy it. We took our time walking around and just enjoying shopping just the two of us. Then we headed back downtown to my favorite happy hour spot for some yummy steak bites.
It was a great birthday. I did not do one dish, touch one piece of laundry, or change one diaper all day! It was an amazing way to start off 30 and I know the year will only continue to get better!!!
Kimme and David
I think Kimmie's a better bowler than me!
what a handsome little man!
making funny faces
Mancakes
my new "purse" or as I like to call it, my Mary Poppins bag!
Seth's Oregon blanket (the kids made if for him last Father's Day) and my Michigan blanket







No comments:
Post a Comment