Monday, September 13, 2010

Hood to Coast 2010

So I know, I have been terrible at blogging lately. But it's not my fault, we have a lot going on! On August 27th I ran Hood to Coast with a group of friends from our ward and it was a BLAST!!! For those who don't know, Hood to Coast is the largest relay in the world. It starts at Mt. Hood and 197 miles later ends in Seaside. I was super excited, but very nervous. The scariest part for me was my night run, but it really wasn't that bad. Our van was non-stop laughs and we had so much fun. I am happy to cross another running goal off my list...up next is a half-marathon in October then I am done:)
The start @ Mt Hood
decorating
Van 1 @ the starting line
me with super fun Katie (we only took this picture because that is Joey Harrington in the back in the white shirt! We were pretty much stalking him from afar!)
my girls!
Seth & Kimmie watching our team cross the finish line
The Summerlake Slugs
love these people!

Many of you may already know this, but Seth's dad went in for surgery August 19th. He had some complications after the procedure and unfortunately is still in the hospital. Since then he has had 4 other surgeries and we are praying that the one performed last Wednesday will do the trick and that he will be able to come home soon. It has been really stressful, but we have so many wonderful friends/family who have been helping a lot. We have had dinners made every night for us, babysitters so we can go visit him and most importantly prayers!
aren't they cute playing in the sand together:)
I had to add this cute picture of Papa and Kimmie coloring together

1 comment:

Flee said...

you are so amazing! I wish I had your mental power to run like that. I hope Seth's dad gets better soon. I'm sorry to hear about that. Miss you!